"Stories abound of HD100s failing for various reasons" - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 27th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #46
Capt. Quirk

I just spent a bunch of money on the camera, and only wanted to find out why it wasn't working properly. I have to admit, I was getting swept up in the hysterics, mostly because I couldn't find a solution. JVC solved the problem by replacing the unit. At this point, I am ecstatic and don't really care what was wrong... as long as it stays away from the new one!

And I for one never really said tha camera is garbage. I never would have dumped Canon if it were. Even after the SSE issues, I bought it. I was in luck, because they seem to have eliminated it for the most part. Very few report any cases lately. So, again, it is a beautiful camera capable of amazing imagry.
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Edmunds
I don't think anyone is doing that here. My original post was in reaction to a magazine article. It was the author of the article who said these things.

Bill, I don't think Brian was attacking you. He was refering to the article you quoted.

Andrew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #48
Obstreperous Rex

We don't allow anybody to "attack" anyone else around here.

Just as a reminder, if you see something that you believe is a flame or a hostile personal attack, please do NOT respond to it -- instead, click the "report bad post" button (to the left -- it's the red triangle icon) and let the moderators handle it. Usually we just make flames go away, and if you reply to it that means we have to make your post go away too, and everybody's time is wasted as a result. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #49
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Edmunds
I don't think anyone is doing that here. My original post was in reaction to a magazine article. It was the author of the article who said these things.
I realize that Bill, my comments was directed at that article...
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems