DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   SD576/50p in NTSC land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/72243-sd576-50p-ntsc-land.html)

Laszlo Horvath July 25th, 2006 08:59 AM

SD576/50p in NTSC land

After I read some information here in this forum about this setup, I tried last weekend outside and inside too for using as slow-fast-motion. The footages are great, but when I try to play back with my camcorder with component out, (I don't have a VCR yet) the picture is little "streched" on my Sony 26" LCD. (the monitor is on "full" 16:9 mode)
I didn't captured the footages yet, but I'm worry now, how theese 576/50p will fit with the rest of the footages (720/30p)
Anybody tried yet?

Laszlo Horvath July 26th, 2006 06:52 AM

Wooooow

I was positive every question has a answer on this forum. Unfortunatly I can't digitize the footage for few more days, that's why I asked here.

Laszlo

Craig Donaldson July 26th, 2006 07:32 AM

from personal experience..... trying to match anything 720p30 to anything that has a 50 or 25 in it is a nightmare.

bottom line is anything can be made into anything (waiting for someone to prove me wrong here) but it will look juddery and basically not the same. cant be matched PERFECTLY is what im trying to say.

please somebody prove me wrong here and show me how to do it too......

( i would love to know how to match 4:3 SD mini cam stuff to what iv'e shot out of my jvc at 720p30)

stumped?! like trying to make round boxes fit in square holes???????

BTW .... talkin PAL land here.....

John Mitchell July 29th, 2006 12:00 AM

Craig - there are definitely ways to do it. But you will get a better result going down to SD. After all SD 4x3 doesn't even blow up particuarly well to SD 16x9, let alone progressive HD.
You can use programs like AfterFX to do the 30frame to 25frame conversion, but there are plug ins that do it better. Going the other way is more problematic but is possible.

Stephen L. Noe July 29th, 2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
After I read some information here in this forum about this setup, I tried last weekend outside and inside too for using as slow-fast-motion. The footages are great, but when I try to play back with my camcorder with component out, (I don't have a VCR yet) the picture is little "streched" on my Sony 26" LCD. (the monitor is on "full" 16:9 mode)
I didn't captured the footages yet, but I'm worry now, how theese 576/50p will fit with the rest of the footages (720/30p)
Anybody tried yet?

Try this on for size.

It should give you some idea of how to pull it off.

S.Noe

John Yamamoto July 29th, 2006 12:13 AM

virtualdub may help

virtualdub has a function to change frame rate and u may skip some frames.

50p to 30p is alwasy hadr and irregular.

u may edit as 50P and then change to 30p for extra slow