SD576/50p in NTSC land at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 25th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #1
Major Player

SD576/50p in NTSC land

After I read some information here in this forum about this setup, I tried last weekend outside and inside too for using as slow-fast-motion. The footages are great, but when I try to play back with my camcorder with component out, (I don't have a VCR yet) the picture is little "streched" on my Sony 26" LCD. (the monitor is on "full" 16:9 mode)
I didn't captured the footages yet, but I'm worry now, how theese 576/50p will fit with the rest of the footages (720/30p)
Anybody tried yet?

Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Wooooow

I was positive every question has a answer on this forum. Unfortunatly I can't digitize the footage for few more days, that's why I asked here.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

from personal experience..... trying to match anything 720p30 to anything that has a 50 or 25 in it is a nightmare.

bottom line is anything can be made into anything (waiting for someone to prove me wrong here) but it will look juddery and basically not the same. cant be matched PERFECTLY is what im trying to say.

please somebody prove me wrong here and show me how to do it too......

( i would love to know how to match 4:3 SD mini cam stuff to what iv'e shot out of my jvc at 720p30)

stumped?! like trying to make round boxes fit in square holes???????

BTW .... talkin PAL land here.....
Craig Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #4
Contributor

Craig - there are definitely ways to do it. But you will get a better result going down to SD. After all SD 4x3 doesn't even blow up particuarly well to SD 16x9, let alone progressive HD.
You can use programs like AfterFX to do the 30frame to 25frame conversion, but there are plug ins that do it better. Going the other way is more problematic but is possible.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
After I read some information here in this forum about this setup, I tried last weekend outside and inside too for using as slow-fast-motion. The footages are great, but when I try to play back with my camcorder with component out, (I don't have a VCR yet) the picture is little "streched" on my Sony 26" LCD. (the monitor is on "full" 16:9 mode)
I didn't captured the footages yet, but I'm worry now, how theese 576/50p will fit with the rest of the footages (720/30p)
Anybody tried yet?

Try this on for size.

It should give you some idea of how to pull it off.

S.Noe
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #6
Regular Crew

virtualdub may help

virtualdub has a function to change frame rate and u may skip some frames.

50p to 30p is alwasy hadr and irregular.

u may edit as 50P and then change to 30p for extra slow
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems