Fixing handle looseness at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Fixing handle looseness

The handle on the JVC HD100 is kind of loose on one side and I can't figure out which screw to tighten or what to do. Very annoying, it fels like the camera is going to drop everytime I pick it up and when adjusting the viewfinder, which is attached to the handle - the whole thing moves with the handle... I tried the philips-head screws on the front of the camera but can't do anything with them - they're super tight as it is and they won't move. I don't want to send the camera in for warranty repair...

Could anybody help me out with this? Thanx!
Point Zero Pictures
http://www.pointzeropictures.com
Miklos Philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:56 PM   #2
New Boot

You need to send it back for repair. Tampering with it yourself voids the warranty. Send it back and it will be fixed.
Matthew McKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos Philips
The handle on the JVC HD100 is kind of loose on one side and I can't figure out which screw to tighten or what to do. Very annoying, it fels like the camera is going to drop everytime I pick it up and when adjusting the viewfinder, which is attached to the handle - the whole thing moves with the handle... I tried the philips-head screws on the front of the camera but can't do anything with them - they're super tight as it is and they won't move. I don't want to send the camera in for warranty repair...

Could anybody help me out with this? Thanx!
This is an error with the construction and will probably happen to a lot of JVC-GY-HDXXX cameras. If you want to do it youself, you need to unscrew all the screws on the casette-deck side. When you have removed the cover, you'll see the two screws near the handle and they will most likely be loose. I recommend you add some lock-tite to the screws before you tighten them.
Alexander Kristiansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems