JVC service at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 8th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC service

Just wanna share a jvc-service-story.
The 7. of July we handed our camera in to a firmwareupgrade. Because it was one of the early models they could not update it at our dealer here in Denmark. Threfore it was sent to England I guess - and still has not returned to us...
Latest update today was that they by mistake sent it to Sweden instead of Denmark. Really good service I must say. The camera gets to enjoy the world and I am just sitting here waiting....
www.dba-media.com
Henrik Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It gets better...

Latest update...
The swedish office sent it back to England, so that the english office could send it to Denmark - so with a little luck I can have my camera back on next friday after six weeks.
Thats quite "speedy" for at firmware update....:)
www.dba-media.com
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. That's a nightmare, but the overall experience will hopefully be soon forgotten when you receive your camera back. My experience with JVC Canada is, thankfully, much better. A short time ago, after a few hiccups with my camera, they went above and beyond for me and I can't say enough about their service. It was second to none. They were prompt, apologetic and quickly restored my trust in their product. I wish all my experiences with camera manufacturers were as good- sorry, Nikon!
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Regular Crew

The end

I should probably tell how the story ended.
I received my camera after six weeks - to find out that they had forgot to put my SD card in the camera again. Then JVC England sended what they said was my SD-card, which it was not. It was just a new one without my settings on it...
So much for happy endings...
www.dba-media.com
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

This is why it's always a good idea to back up the contents of your SD card.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM   #6
Wrangler

...and why you are only supposed to send the body - without accessories - for the A update.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:50 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Harper
I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. That's a nightmare, but the overall experience will hopefully be soon forgotten when you receive your camera back. My experience with JVC Canada is, thankfully, much better. A short time ago, after a few hiccups with my camera, they went above and beyond for me and I can't say enough about their service. It was second to none. They were prompt, apologetic and quickly restored my trust in their product. I wish all my experiences with camera manufacturers were as good- sorry, Nikon!
I agree that JVC Canada really do go above and beyond for the pro customers. For what they lack in staff quantity, they make up for in quality.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with JVC Canada.

I sent my Nikon D70 in to Nikon a over a week ago for the recall on the BGLOD (Blinking Green Light of Dead) and I still haven't even heard if it has been entered into their system for repair! A very different experience.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:35 AM   #8
Major Player

Displeased with JVC UK

Just to share another JVC service experience... I sent my camera to my dealer in UK to make an update and correct an issue, the warranty didn't cover the service here in Portugal so I decided to pay the shipping costs instead of the service... wrong decision!! I also asked them to install the update that ables the battery info to be displayed on the VF, there is no A version in Europe but this is a similar one. Unfortunatly it works only with A/B batteries, my batteries are SWITT branded so no info is displayed.

I payed €50 to ship it to my dealer and €250 to get it back. When I asked them why I was charged €250 for a ground service they said it included pakaging and shipping costs to JVC service... ridiculous, the camera was covered by warranty and I shouldn't pay those costs. So, after a month waiting the camera returns. The issue was still there and it stoped working with the SWITT batteries because of low voltage. I decided to go to JVC service in Portugal. After 2 days it was repaired and working perfectly, I was charged only 2 working hours (€100) but they spent more then 8 just to correct the UK service mess.

I'm really displeased with my dealer and JVC's UK service, unfortunatly there's not much that I can do but sharing my bad experience. I'm sending an email to JVC, I wonder what they have to say...
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems