The Stutteriness, the motion trail, the ghosting, oh the humanity! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 28th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #31
Regular Crew

possible similar problem

I ran into a similar problem. It turned out to be the method I was using to capture the footage. The ghosting wasn't on the tape. I was using Canopus, and I had to make sure every little detail was set the same as the footage (in this case 720P/24 ) and that it was capturing the data stream to .m2t files. In my case, the computer was definitely capturing in-between frames, so that ever second or third frame was a superimposition of two frames on the tape, with one frame very strong and the previous frame just a ghost image. Once I got the computer making a copy of the data from the tape to the hard drive, the problem disappeared.

If, however, you're sure the images we're seeing on these JPGs are exactly what's on the tape, then all I can say is it _looks_ to me like the CCDs aren't refreshing. Did you have the gain on? Is that a silly question?
Old August 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #32
Barry Wan Kenobi

No gain at all.

These are .m2t files that were captured by HDV Rack. There was no NLE involved in the capture, they should be an exact duplicate of what's on the tape. I don't have the original tapes, Charles Papert should have 'em.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems