11 Weeks And Still No AB Battery? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 04:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

11 Weeks And Still No AB Battery?

Hi guy's

Long time lurker, seldom poster here.

I want to begin buying saying what a great forum this is.

I'm learning a lot here and I have to say ......" Thank you all ".

Okay, now.... I bought the HD100 in May, and I really like the camera ( even though FCP 24P support is MIA ).

It did take me a couple of weeks to get the Free Anton-Bauer Battery System forms out.

I sent the form registered mail and received a notice that it was delivered to JVC on June 9th. I have not received the AB System or even a letter of any kind from JVC.

Now I'm two day's short of 11 weeks from the day JVC received my form.

I have to say I'm disappointed and starting to feel anxious.

Am I alone? Or are some of you guys still waiting?

And if so, for how many weeks?

I do remember the IDX issues. But I was under the impression AB Systems were being sent out in a more efficient manner.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Tourist

AB Suggestion

I sent in my AB rebate forms on June 28 and received the battery and charger about 4 weeks later on July 26.

I called the number on the rebate form shortly after I sent it in just to make sure they received it and everything was in order. The number is 800 526-5308 ext. 5335, they're in New Jersey so on Eastern time.

I would suggest giving them a call to see what's up, from what I've read the AB package has been getting to people pretty quickly, around 4-6 weeks, so it would be worth checking on.
Scott Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Sam,

I had to wait over 3 months for my IDX kit to show up.

It took a call from my vendor to JVC to speed things up.

I also called JVC about every 2 weeks to see what was happening.

Who did you buy your camera from? Maybe they can help you out.

I bought mine from Texas Tapeworks and they were a great help.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vik
I sent in my AB rebate forms on June 28 and received the battery and charger about 4 weeks later on July 26.

I called the number on the rebate form shortly after I sent it in just to make sure they received it and everything was in order. The number is 800 526-5308 ext. 5335, they're in New Jersey so on Eastern time.

I would suggest giving them a call to see what's up, from what I've read the AB package has been getting to people pretty quickly, around 4-6 weeks, so it would be worth checking on.

Thanks Scott,

I called the phone #, apparently the woman handling this doesn't work on Monday or Tuesday.

I'll try again tomorrow.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Weber
Sam,

I had to wait over 3 months for my IDX kit to show up.

It took a call from my vendor to JVC to speed things up.

I also called JVC about every 2 weeks to see what was happening.

Who did you buy your camera from? Maybe they can help you out.

I bought mine from Texas Tapeworks and they were a great help.

Dan Weber

Thanks Dan,

I'll see what JVC says tomorrow, if needed, I'll definitely call the dealer.
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Regular Crew

FYI

According to JVC, I'm not the only customer with a June 9th delivery date, that hasn't received there AB system.

It seems that on June 9th the regular guy that signs for and process's the incoming mail was out sick.

It was a mistake on my part to be so patient. In Hindsight I should have called much sooner. Oh well.

I want to add once JVC became aware of the situation, they were eager to resolve the problem.

My AB system is now on it's way to me.
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:21 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Please disregard my previous post as I've just been notified by JVC it's Not Accurate.

I just received an email from a JVC employee whom I hadn't had any contact with before.

The email states they Did receive my forms on June 9th and my camera was deemed Not Eligible.

I not going to go into more detail until I've had a chance to get to the bottom of this situation.

But in the interest of keeping the board free of inaccurate information, and to be fair to JVC, I wanted to let everyone know it seems I posted inaccurate information.

My Sincere Apologies.

On my own behalf I want to say....

1. I was just repeating what another JVC employee had told me. And in fairness to them, I believe it was an honest mistake......

2. My previous post wasn't intended as a criticism toward JVC. I just wanted to let everyone know the status of my situation with an explanation of what had a occurred.

3. And finally, had I been notified back in June ..... this thread never would have been started.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems