Pro HD firestore external direct to disk problems w JVC 100U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 8th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #1
New Boot

Pro HD firestore external direct to disk problems w JVC 100U

So, I have had had a JVC 100U for about a month. I love it, just finished production in Arizona on a music video, and I am currently in preproduction on a surf film pilot. I can't say enough about the camera! The problem is I bought a firestore from JVC do I could do direct to edit cuts on the fly for some of my clients...My problem, when capturing 720p30 direct to the drive the only HD formats it lets me use is this M2T, it does not have a quicktime or AVI option... When I try to open these M2T files they boot MPEGSTREAM CLIP, which makes me "de-encode" the clips before use . So I am not able to work in a DTE fashion... Any ideas or fix its? Any help would be much abliged! Thanks.

Nathan
Nathan Apffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Wrangler

The v2 firmware was released last week. It adds the ability to create Quicktime 720P30 HDV files for direct use in FCP5.x

Unfortunately, it will cost you $39 US and they need to ship a CD-ROM instead of a direct download.

http://www.focusinfo.com/solutions/catalog.asp?id=149

https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.js...ractId=1667180

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems