Footage for .mov square pixel presentation. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 21st, 2006, 05:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Footage for .mov square pixel presentation.

Hi,

Having recorded some city footage I now need to present this to somebody on the following set up, but I think I may have run into a couple of issues:

Captured on PC using Prem Pro
Saved as AVI files (seems to be default save mode)

The raw footage (chopped as necessary) will be used in a After Effects 'film/presentation' put together by the client.
In the past I used to re-render the avi files as Square Pixel 720x568 (as opposed to the standard 720x576, but I was advised on a forum that this wasn't necessary - the mac would automatically do this (I'm sure it does otherwise the client would've advised) - by the way the re-rendering to square pixel took about 4 hours to render approx 5 mins to SD footage!

I think I may have an issue in that I recorded the footage in widescreen (thinking this would suit the presentation more...I've since been told that this should be in 4:3 ratio - I presume after effects could cut this to the right ratio though?)
The footage in parts also seems a little blurred when viewed in quicktime/windows media player - also the colours are a little bleached; it was a very bright day, I had to use both ND filters plus adjustment of the iris - I'm also attributing this to the fact that I used the tru colour scene file in SD?? (I've asked in the scene file thread if there are any SD scene files I could use).
I'm a little worried though - I really didn't want to mess this job up.
Help!!
Thanks.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 05:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Just to add - I've viewed the composite footage on my widescreen TV and whilst not HD quality (obviously!) it's pretty damn clear to me (for SD on a bright day using on board ND filters...).
Leads me to believe it's the way Prem Pro is capturing this - I'm actually heading to the clients office later with the camera and footage to see if we can re capture via his mac.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems