New to the board, and this camera. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Yeh David, since the lens on the XL1 is a hybrid it has been a real turn off for me. Aside playing with fstop and ASA type rating I have always been shakey and put off by the manual focus on this camera. Although there will be a learning curve on the upgrade JVC I look forward to having the ability to chose what I want in focus and what I don't. Especially since my main reason for going with the JVC is to shoot drama. The only thing that scares me is I will want more lenses and in particular the wide angle. But at almost twice the cost of the camera I think in the future I will be just renting this lens.
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #17
JVC America

[QUOTE=David Scattergood]Hi Carl - the links to the HD100 training video and the mention of Steve Mullens book - don't suppose you know of any UK specific training guides? I assume Steve's book would be more geared towards the NTSC side of the camera...but then again that might not be such a problem? (have the worry that scene files designed for the NTSC signal will throw my PAL images out?).

QUOTE]

David, I would think that the training materials would benefit you as well. NTSC or PAL has only to do with the way the signal is scanned and recorded. The operation of the two is essentially the same.
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #18
Major Player

I guess so Carl (though it's more scene files I was worried about - any tips/recipes that might not suit a PAL set up?!?!) - hopefully I can get Steve's book either shipped over from the states or manage to find a UK supplier.
Cheers.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #19
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scattergood
I guess so Carl (though it's more scene files I was worried about - any tips/recipes that might not suit a PAL set up?!?!) - hopefully I can get Steve's book either shipped over from the states or manage to find a UK supplier.
Cheers.
David,

I think that much of what you would learn would apply to the PAL camera. You can buy the book on-line and download it as a .pdf file. Go to this link, and then scroll down to "DVC - Digital Video Consulting" and click there.

Regards, Carl

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems