BR-HD50...A solid reliable deck on all counts? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 13th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Erik!

But still not working. Only manually.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #17
Major Player

I'm considering purchase of this deck...my only concern is that I will be using it occasionally to record a live switched feed from a Sony Anycast. Does this an audio input level adjustment? I see that is has audio meters, so I'm assuming that you can see the level when you are sending an audio signal, but is there any input level adjustment for it?

Thanks!
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #18
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
Carl please help me out here.
Q1: I can't control this VTR from Canopus Edius 3.62. I can capture and write back .m2t files trough firewire, but I need control the VTR manualy. Something wrong with the setup, or the VTR is not ready for Edius 3.62?

Q2: How can I reset the timecode. Right now I need unplug the powercable to reset TC. I thing that's redicoulus. Can you tell me the right way?

Q3: This is about my brand new 17" JVC HD monitor. I know this forum about the HD100, but I think this question is related to the camera)
I just bought the 17" JVC HD monitor and so far so good. But when I play back 720/30p with the BR-HD50 VTR (recorded with the HD100a) the monitor show 720/60p Also the book came with the monitor (B stock) show only play back 1080/24 I can't find nowhere about 720/24p display function. (i didn't tried 24p yet, but soon I need shoot 24p for my client) Can you give me some informations?

Hi Laslow,

Sorry, I can't help you Canopus questions. Please consult with them.

Regarding your monitor question: On the component connector, the BR-HD50 outputs the following signals: 720/60p, 480/60p, 1080/60i, or 480/60i. For example, if you have footage that is shot in 720/24p, or 720/30p, it is converted to one of the output modes so that the monitor can display it. It sounds like you have the deck set for 720/60p output. In this case, regardless of the recorded format, the monitor is seeing a 720/60p signal.

Thanks, Carl
Old October 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Hi Laslow,

Sorry, I can't help you Canopus questions. Please consult with them.

Regarding your monitor question: On the component connector, the BR-HD50 outputs the following signals: 720/60p, 480/60p, 1080/60i, or 480/60i. For example, if you have footage that is shot in 720/24p, or 720/30p, it is converted to one of the output modes so that the monitor can display it. It sounds like you have the deck set for 720/60p output. In this case, regardless of the recorded format, the monitor is seeing a 720/60p signal.

Thanks, Carl

Thanks Carl. That's fine but I'm surprised this monitor show 720/30p or 24p footage only in 720/60p mode. JVC well known for 720/30p HDV.

"Q2: How can I reset the timecode. Right now I need unplug the powercable to reset TC. I thing that's redicoulus. Can you tell me the right way?"

Please let me know how can I reset the TC.

Old October 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Kim
im sorry, it was the lower portable model that cant play 24p.
We found the CU-VH1US-P HDV portable will not display 24p on the LCD monitor, but it does indeed output the 720p24 on the Firewire port. So you can capture from it AFAIK. It's no good for logging in the field, it does not read TC correctly.

This may be a cheaper alternative feed deck, if you don't need to see proper TC format on the display.

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #21
JVC America

Quote:
Thanks Carl. That's fine but I'm surprised this monitor show 720/30p or 24p footage only in 720/60p mode. JVC well known for 720/30p HDV.

"Q2: How can I reset the timecode. Right now I need unplug the powercable to reset TC. I thing that's redicoulus. Can you tell me the right way?"

Please let me know how can I reset the TC.

Laslow,

Most HD monitors are expecting a signal of 720/60p or 1080/60i, so that's what the deck outputs.

Regarding time code: Setting to zero is simple: Either go into the Time Code menu, or as a shortcut, push and hold "User 2" and "Stop" together for a few seconds.

Regards, Carl
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Laslow,

Regarding time code: Setting to zero is simple: Either go into the Time Code menu, or as a shortcut, push and hold "User 2" and "Stop" together for a few seconds.

Regards, Carl

Thanks Carl, I know that's the way on the camcorder.
But I asked on the HD-50 VTR.

Laszlo
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Thanks Carl, I know that's the way on the camcorder.
But I asked on the HD-50 VTR.

Laszlo

OR, anybody know the trick resetting the TC? (on the HD50 VTR)
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems