DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Where or when is the HZ CA13U ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/78280-where-when-hz-ca13u.html)

Craig Donaldson October 26th, 2006 02:23 PM

Where or when is the HZ CA13U ?

What ever happened to this piece of gadgetry?

Was being talked up then dropped off the radar.....or am i just out of the loop and it's already available?.... and how much is it?

"To further enhance the ability to utilize multiple types of lenses, JVC has also created an exclusive optional lens adapter – HZ-CA13U – specifically designed for the 1/3” bayonet mount of JVC ProHD camcorders which enables the use of 16mm film prime lenses with a PL (Positive Lock) mount to address the needs of the cinematography community. The GY-HD200 is also capable of inverting the image from a prime lens so that special editing functionality is not required for correct recording of the image."

craig

Stephen L. Noe October 26th, 2006 04:23 PM

good question....

Jay Kavi October 26th, 2006 06:51 PM

Hey Carl can we get some info?

Carl Hicks October 26th, 2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Kavi
Hey Carl can we get some info?

The HZ-CA13U project is very much alive and underway. This is a very complex piece of optics, and our factory wants to make sure it is right before release.

With our engineers being very busy bringing the GY-HD250U and studio accessories to market, as well as finalizing the GY-HD200U, the HZ-CA13U has been a little delayed. The latest I heard was end of November for first import, but that is an estimate. We'd rather be late with it than ship it in a less than finished state.

Regards,

Jemore Santos October 26th, 2006 08:45 PM

Carl how much is it going to be?

Jay Kavi October 26th, 2006 08:45 PM

I agree. Thanks

Carl Hicks October 26th, 2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemore Santos
Carl how much is it going to be?

Hi Jemore,

The price has not been finalized yet.

Regards,

Jemore Santos October 26th, 2006 09:03 PM

Can you give a ball park estimate here?

Carl Hicks October 26th, 2006 09:46 PM

I wish I could, but no, not yet.

Regards,

Hayes Roberts October 27th, 2006 05:36 PM

Hello Carl- I had to jump in here-
Any information on the particulars of the adapter?
Depth of field info., etc.?
Thanks for all your help in these forums!

Burk Webb October 27th, 2006 09:09 PM

I'm very interested in this thing myself - would love to hear any tidbits that could be revealed, no matter how small. I'm getting tired of drooling over the camera phone photo I took of the prototype at NAB :)

Carl Hicks October 29th, 2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayes Roberts
Hello Carl- I had to jump in here-
Any information on the particulars of the adapter?
Depth of field info., etc.?
Thanks for all your help in these forums!

Hi,

Sorry, about all I know is that it's a 1/3" bayonet mount to 16mm PL lens adaptor, and it's designed to retain the same angle of view as the PL lens in most cases. The picture will come out inverted to the camera, but with the image flip of the GY-HD250U and GY-HD200U, you can correct this in real time.

Regards, Carl

Toenis Liivamaegi November 6th, 2006 06:59 AM

I`m wondering what`s on that picture ;) http://www.camcorderinfo.com/images/..._EVF_2_web.jpg

Cheers,
T

Jemore Santos November 6th, 2006 05:11 PM

It's basically this or an M2 and that's why I'm desperate to know the rough estimated price so I can either say yes or no. The M2 sells for a grand and a half for the PL mount package, I hope this is no more expensive than that.

Chris Hurd November 6th, 2006 09:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Howdy from Texas,

My apologies for these sketchy, shaky pics... they're just some quick and dirty snapshots I took at NAB2006 last April during Michael Horton's big Final Cut Pro blowout on Wednesday night over at the Rio or wherever it was. By this time I had already had a few drinks, and was hanging out back in the lobby near the bar (as usual) while Craig Yanagi of JVC was up on stage presenting this thing. He was on his way out and briefly showed me what I had missed. The attached audio file is Craig's verbal description of the adapter (and Craig if you're reading this... thanks for the quick preso, and sorry for the poor quality of these images).