101 or 111? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

101 or 111?

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster :-)

I'm about to make the leap into buying the JVC camera, and in looking around for the best deal came across a supplier who still has a few 101s available. I can get one of these for about $1500 less than what the 111 is going for.

Basically, I'd like an opinion on whether people think this is a good deal, or if the improvements made to the 111 justify the extra expense. Oh, and I checked, the 101s have had the upgrade.

Cheers
Pat
PJ Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the 101, I think its great. Save your money and go for the 101 (unless you specifically need the extra features, or your dealer is throwing in some good free stuff with the 111). Put the money you save towards getting a good battery kit, such as the IDX or Anton Bauer - unless you can live with under 40mins battery time on the JVC stock battery...
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Actually, that was my next question. Has anybody tried these batteries yet? If so, what sort of running time did you get from them?

http://www.globalmediapro.com/video/...ery--1866.html
PJ Gallagher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems