Confused about which color space the HD110 uses - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Confused about which color space the HD110 uses

No, your not being stupid.. there is no HD-SDI outputs on a HD100 series cameras.. HOWEVER you can get a Blackmagic Design Component to HD-SDI converter for $280 ish and then it can be captured via Samurai or BMD Hyperdeck. Other options is live capture by AJA or Intensity Shuttle component to unit to thunderbolt/pci etc to computer.

So the question is the live outputs from the JVC HD series 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and or 10bit or 8 bit?

Then it gives different options for equipment. But not willing to spend more than $1,000 or so for the parts since you start encroaching on newer equipment such as Blackmagic Design Cinema cameras and just leave the older equipment in the garage... :)
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #17
JVC America

No, there aren't any SDI connectors on the GY-HD100 or GY-HD110.
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Humphrey View Post
No, your not being stupid.. there is no HD-SDI outputs on a HD100 series cameras.. HOWEVER you can get a Blackmagic Design Component to HD-SDI converter for $280 ish and then it can be captured via Samurai or BMD Hyperdeck. Other options is live capture by AJA or Intensity Shuttle component to unit to thunderbolt/pci etc to computer.

So the question is the live outputs from the JVC HD series 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and or 10bit or 8 bit?
ANALOG component doesn't have bits.
Old December 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #19
Major Player

I'll guess I'll order the Blackmagicdesign Mini Recorder this month. The Component to generic $35 converter to HDMI I couldn't tell any difference. (just tried it out today) Since HDMI all versions handle 720p though you don't need newer equipment and cables this is to support 1080p... not that the JVC does 1080p... so it means it seems any generic HDMI cables and converter seem to work find in my 2 hour test.

Also just a side note, with my new used Fujinon 17x (pre hd model though I think the glass is 99% as good) I can have my edge enhancement OFF and at the lens's worst looks better than the Fujinon 16x stock lens at it's best.. which as you can guess meant that the HDV looked really close to the live footage due the encoder not compressing the sharpening artifacts.

Will be interesting to see what is possible in post from a live capture of JVC ProHD 1xx, 2xx to component to HDMI or preferred built in HD-SDI to 220mbs ProRes. Oh and I have no idea what bit depth my ETEK CITY YPbPr to HDMI $35 amazon.com special does.. but it's a cheap test.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems