HD100 output choices...can someone explain? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 29th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD100 output choices...can someone explain?

I did an archive search for this but do not really have the time to read them, none really seemed to apply...need answers fairly quickly.

I am expecting my nNovia QC-Deck hard drive recorder Monday to team with my HD100...a couple of questions:

1)It appears that by reading the manual that I will be able to "up" convert...via the camera component playback to my QC-Deck...footage to 1080i. Am I correct in what I think I am reading?

The QC-Deck offers I/O of component/composite/firewire...which is the main reason that I went with this particular product. There are a lot of times that I could use a stand-alone record device where firewire does not help me out. This particular model is supposed allow for stand alone recording via any of the inputs above, plus interface with the camera.

2)Has anyone had any experience with the nNovia QC-Deck? I think I am buying a great addition of gear here, but just wanted to see what the thoughts were out there.
Old November 29th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Major Player

While the HD100 can upconvert its output to 1080i, doing so has no benefits as you cannot add resolution that is not present in the original.
Stephan Ahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Only thing I am thinking is for those few clients that may want an end product in 1080i...not that it is going to be similar to an acquired 1080i signal.

So it could be done.

Any experience with the nNovia products?

Thanks for the info.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems