Using the DR-HD100, some help please? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #16
Regular Crew

thanks all!

Thanks for the help, Tim, and everyone else.
I figured out the main problem.
the first DTE I took out of the box actually had firmware v. 1.9. Even though I purchased it on Friday, December 1, and thought I had updated the firmware, it was still running v. 1.9.

I took the 2nd DTE out of the box and it was running the v. 2.0 firmware, and I had no problem seeing and configuring the HDD to HDV and QT.

Now, I have another issue, which Matt and Focus are working on.

I recorded to tape and DTE simultaneously, and of the 12 clips recorded/captured, only 2 of them will playback or import into FCP.
Since we are very near Focus, they are going to check out the DTE and see if they can figure out what's up.
Meanwhile, we just captured via the backup tape. We lost about 7 seconds at the head of each clip, but we prerolled at least 10 seconds, so we are in good shape.

I appreciate everyone's help!

bt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
BT,

I put together a little tutorial that should help you configure your DR-HD100 for 720P30 capture and encapsulation to Quicktime HDV.

You have to select "HD RECORDER" to get to the HD FORMATS menu.

http://www.timdashwood.com/DRHD100

Good luck with your shoot.
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
The simple answer is that Focus couldn't write the 25P firmware until Apple released the 5.1.2 update with 25P support.
Now that it has been released I'm sure they are working on it. Sign up for the alert on their website and they will send you an email whenever they release updates.

Don't expect 720P50 or 720P60 functionality in the DR-HD100 until after Apple eventually releases an update to FCP that supports these formats in HDV.
It took so long for FCP 5.1.2 to be released that chances are we won't see anything new for FCP until NAB07.
That sounds pretty logical! Thanks.

...and that's a good tutorial you made!
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 04:11 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
BT,

I put together a little tutorial that should help you configure your DR-HD100 for 720P30 capture and encapsulation to Quicktime HDV.

You have to select "HD RECORDER" to get to the HD FORMATS menu.

http://www.timdashwood.com/DRHD100

Good luck with your shoot.
Tim,

Any chance you could post a work flow for people like myself who only really shoots 24p and wants to edit in FCP?

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems