HD100A LCD L/R reverse at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 11th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #1
Major Player

HD100A LCD L/R reverse

I'm trying to mirror the LCD on my original 100A via the service menu. I've read in many posts that this is possible, but no one seems to confirm how.

Basically, I enter the service menu (FA + menu + 5 seconds), select "LCD L/R Reverse" and set it to "ON." Then... nothing. No change is made. I can exit and return and while it still says ON, there is no discernable change.

Has anyone actually done this successfully? My intention is to mount a mirror in an LCD hood to flip the image vertically and use the L/R reverse function to mirror it horizontally and complete the 180 degrees needed for use with a Brevis35 adapter. (You HD110 people have it sooooo easy).

I much appreciate your help.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #2
Wrangler

I've never seen any effect from that option in the advanced menu, but I haven't tried it since the 'A' update.
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

you mean the JVC 100U? I did just today here a street rummer of an AC doing what your talking about.....

VP
Vincent Pascoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Yep, I think I meant the HD100U-A.

VP, are you saying that you saw someone get the mirror mode to work on a HD100? If so, how did he do it?

Thanks.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #5
Major Player

It works on mine. I can flip it horizontally but only when it is fliped vertically. I have a HD101E with the lastest firmware version, I never tried to do it with the previous firmware.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
It works on mine. I can flip it horizontally but only when it is fliped vertically. I have a HD101E with the lastest firmware version, I never tried to do it with the previous firmware.
OK, got it to work. You do have to flip it around so that it faces the other way from the camera op or put it back into the enclosure facing outward. This is a little more inconvenient than I was hoping for but I guess that's how it goes. Thanks for your help everyone. At least I know I have this option available to me... Has the magnet trick ever worked on this camera? Just curious.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems