DR100 and 24p / FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #1
Major Player

DR100 and 24p / FCP

Hey,

I REALLY want to buy the DR100 for a shoot coming up, but I am shooting 24p and editing in FCP. I have been trying to get an answer whether I can shoot 24p and still be able to edit in FCP even if I need a plug in. I don't want to shoot and then find out the footage is unusable, especially because we are going to be editing on location while we are away.

Anyone can shed some light on this?
Old December 15th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Major Player

They are beta testing the 720/24P to .MOV right now. Currently, only 30P is officially released. Right now, in 24P, you can capture as a .m2t and it can be converted using the free program MPEG Streamclip into HDV 24P. It takes a little time to transcode, but it works 100%.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems