.m2t - What is it? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vincent
It's just a very un-intuative system IMHO.

I guess its just what you have learned with in the first place. It feels very intuitive to me, and I have been using it for years, as it developed, I am comfortable with it. Have had no real issues with editing even in HDV with my AMD 3800+ dual core system, self built for about $1,000.00.

I also have Vegas 7, which I am struggling with to make intuitive to me....Its all about interface, the way I see it. After I saw FCP today, after my first post, I'm thinking if you have problems with PPro 2, you will have problems with FCP.
Old December 18th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
but I was surprized at how similar it looks.
Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro not only look incredibly similar, they work very similar. Most people when referring to Adobe Premiere have not actually used it since it's gone "Pro". It's far more intuitive than AVID. I find Avid to be stuck in their old ways and not very efficient, especially in the realm of editing on the actual timeline, although I love the TRIM tool and wish that was in Premiere. Avid does have impeccable file management that's been tried & tested on the biggest of projects.

Again, I cannot stress that there is no such thing as "better" in a sense byond what is better for themselves, and no one else. Each person has a different working style and so each program can be better or worse depending on their own expectations, needs, etc.

- PJR
Peter John Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Drop Outs

Thank you for everyone starting up this discussion. However, when I try to capture my 720p24 there are major media dropouts and the media gets broken up into bits. I really have gone through all of the settings and turned off the abort settings and the setting to make subclips. I have even tried the AIC codec. None of this is working.

Any thoughts? What am I overlooking. It seams from other forum discussions that I am not the only one that this is happening to.

Thanks,
Sharon
Sharon Pieczenik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems