Anybody master to HD100 from finalcut? I can't get it to work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 16th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Anybody master to HD100 from finalcut? I can't get it to work

I've been trying to master back to tape using the HD100. But, I'm having no luck. Has anyone done this? If so, Is there a trick? I have the latest version of FCP.
Evan Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #2
New Boot

Fcp

Make sure that the settings of Final Cut Pro match your camera HDV Mode. Then use the "Print to Video" function of Final Cut.

File -> Print To Video

-Corey Boutilier
http://www.independentfilm.com
Corey Boutilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Impossible, you canīt do it. the HD100 is only firewire output, no input, only hd101, and hd111 have input for firewire.
Javier Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #4
New Boot

ProHD

Sorry Javier, but that's misinformation. ProHD HDV can indeed be rerecorded back to tape using either an HD-100 camera or deck.

Last edited by Corey Boutilier; December 17th, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
Corey Boutilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #5
Regular Crew

US and Europe

Just for clarification

The HD100 in the US has firewire out AND IN. In europe the HD100 only has firewire out. We have another model HD101 which has firewire in and out,and also a heavier price tag.
This is because of higher import tax if the device can record from an external source as well....
Erik Walth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #6
New Boot

OK got the HD100 to record from FCP But....

I was able to get the HD100 to record from final cut but the audio didn't record. Seems to be tempermental. Cory, If you could be more specific it would be very helpful. So far as I know, I am using the Settings to match my camera HDV Mode. I've been using the 720p24 easy setup. The footage was
shot in HDV 24p. Final cut has so many preferences that it is hard to find an incorrect setting sometimes. Also, anyone beeen successful mastering to D-VHS? I have the JVC HM-DH5U. Would lumierehd help in this regard. I was going to output a file via compressor and run it through Mpeg streamclip then play in Virtual D-VHS to my deck, but was amazed to see no 720p24 option in compressor.
Evan Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #7
New Boot

Fcp

Hi Evan,

The easy set-up in Final Cut Pro is like a template in MS Word. It helps FCP know what your default is when you start a new project. So, set that to the camera settings you shot in.

Next, make sure the firewire HDV/DV switch on the HD100u is set properly (to HDV).

Next, make sure that the FCP Settings match the HD100u camera

Final Cut Pro -> Audio/Video Settings

Under the Summary Tab you'll see "Sequence Preset", "Capture Preset", "Device Control Preset", and "Video Playback" and "Audio Playback".

Under the A/V Devices Tab you'll find "Playback Output" and "DIFFERENT OUTPUT FOR EDIT TO TAPE/PRINT TO VIDEO." double check the Print to Video here.

Also...

Sequence -> Settings
Under the General Tab on the bottom you'll see a button marked "Load Sequence Preset". (This is the sequence setting, doesn't hurt to double check it, sometimes when working with different sequences in different formats you may forget what format you are working with. Sometimes I'll be working in DV and HDV, not in the same Sequence.)

Then you could always try to refresh the camera.

View -> Refresh A/V Devices

Short of that, you could re-boot your Apple. But, Final Cut is a strong program that works really well. Once you get things set, you are not going to go through all of these settings checks. I hope that this helps you find where the settings are located.

-Corey
http://www.independentfilm.com

Last edited by Corey Boutilier; December 18th, 2006 at 01:30 AM.
Corey Boutilier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems