Where's the good stuff on the HD200? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM   #16
Tourist

Thanks for the welcome Brian,

You left out one important pro for the hd200. The $1000 rebate! However, I too am concerned about the previously mentioned noise issues. As to the NLE suppport, I use FCP 5.1.2.

Randy
Randy Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #17
Regular Crew

H1 vs HD 250

Hi:

I am pleased to see that I am not the only soul with this dilemma. I have been rummaging through the multitude of posts regarding the H1 but there does not seem to be very much written about the HD250. Since much of my content will involve interviews, focus is clearly a critical issue and the HD 250 seems to have the H1 beat in that arena. Canon's image stabilization is nice, having used it frequently with my 1ds MKII, but probabably not a necessity in regards to my intended use for the camcorder. Based soley upon photos, it would appeare that the HD is more ergonomic than the H1 as well.

What are your thoughts on the 1080i capability of the H1 vs the 720p of the HD 250?

P.S. I too am using FCP 5.1.2. Are there compatibility issues between this software and the HD 250?

Best regards,
Ron
Ronald Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 02:56 AM   #18
Trustee

There are definately some unsresolved issues with final cut pro and the JVC. I am having problems with capture with stop and starts and I do have the issue with noise in my picture
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:13 AM   #19
Major Player

picture noise

I vaguely, very vaguely cast my mind back to a time when I was considering the HVX200. And when it first came out the noise was deemed a big issue. It was later after trouble shooting partially resolved by changing the coring (is that the correct word - Barry knows) settings, and it was also noticed as being more noticeable under certain colour matrixes, for example cine gamma. Also I think they mentioned it to be more noticeable on different display types. Being a 1/3 inch chip theres going to be no doubt be noise, but maybe you guys can fiddle with the settings a bit, and read the hvx forums to see how they beat it, even if it is a different camera, maybe the principles can still apply?

cheers

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Letch
I vaguely, very vaguely cast my mind back to a time when I was considering the HVX200. And when it first came out the noise was deemed a big issue. It was later after trouble shooting partially resolved by changing the coring (is that the correct word - Barry knows) settings, and it was also noticed as being more noticeable under certain colour matrixes, for example cine gamma. Also I think they mentioned it to be more noticeable on different display types. Being a 1/3 inch chip theres going to be no doubt be noise, but maybe you guys can fiddle with the settings a bit, and read the hvx forums to see how they beat it, even if it is a different camera, maybe the principles can still apply?

cheers

Adam
I dunno - I had a HVX200 and fiddled with all the settings (including everything Barry had to say etc.) and could never get it to look as good as a HD-100 at any setting with respect to noise. I owned both cameras for a month. But there clearly IS noise in the HD-100. It just doesn't bother me like the HVX noise did.

You guys should turn your detail down to minimum to see what that does...but every camera has noise. The Sony ZR1U might the cleanest of the bunch from what I've seen. Probably the Canon is next.
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #21
Major Player

We will finally receive our HD monitor on Thursday. Up until this point we've been shooting a little blind not having a chance to calibrate the cameras at all. Just shooting right out of the box.

No one has mentioned that the HD200 does have a "noise reduction" option buried pretty deep in the menu. I will be testing this once we get the monitor set up. My guess is that it may produce a little bit of blurring but we'll see.

Will be using the spanking new DT-V20L1U for evaluating the picture.

Cheers!
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Ferar
Will be using the spanking new DT-V20L1U for evaluating the picture.

Cheers!
He Justin,

I'm really looking forward to your test with the DT-V20L? I want to buy one to.
See keep me (us) posted...
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #23
Major Player

Does the HD200/250s' 24,25,30p framerate compatible with FCP 5.1.2?
Old February 13th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #24
Trustee

sort of but there are some issues with capture

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems