Camera to complement HD110 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 9th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #16
Major Player

720 60p is ok but JVC are really saying with their HD Everio that 720p 30p is dead before it even starts in the consumer/prosumer market. It has a progressive CCD block from early reports but it still only records 1080i. So why no 720 60p?

With my limited experience with 25p I can easily see why it is such a limited format to use. It has nothing to do with your ability to hold a camera steady, but everything to do with being able to use it in much else but a completely scripted environment or put up with terrible looking strobing while panning. 50/60p clearly won't be effected by this so provide the best of both worlds. Bring on 1080p 60p and you have the final solution.

I am starting to hold my breath for NAB this year. Either JVC will show a Pro level Everio with 720 60p & 1/3" block (or more like JVC to mess it up with 1/4" or 1/5" block) or they are saying forget 720p unless you can work only with the current HD range. It's put up or shut up time for JVC & 720p (at least for me). If I don't see anything then I'll forget about Progressive until I can go 1080P, which by then will be Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC to choose from...
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Barwood
720 60p is ok but JVC are really saying with their HD Everio that 720p 30p is dead before it even starts in the consumer/prosumer market.
You can always buy and HD1. Also 30p isn't nearly as bad 24p for strobbing.
The motion smoothing feature on the HD100 helps with the strobing effect also while panning.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems