1080i HDSDI output from JVC HD250 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #1
New Boot

1080i HDSDI output from JVC HD250

If anyone had a chance to test, how would 1080i HDSDI output from JVC HD250 look?

Can it create "1080/30P or 1080/30F" look via 1080i HDSDI? If so, just wondering how would it compared to Canon 1080/30F.

(Probably better stick with recording 720/30p and upconvert to 1080i(30F if that is how it would look) for a 1080i delievery as needed?)

Joseph
Video Producer
Deaf Missions
Joseph Josselyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #2
New Boot

I had a chance to see HD250 demo today. To answer my own question, the 1080i HD-SDI output remains interlaced.

I am very impressed with how 720/60p outputed from HDSDI to JVC's HD Monitor. I checked HD analog output as well and hardly tell the difference. Of course, HD-SDI has more advantages in terms of one cable line, digital, and ability to include audio and timecode data in the stream.

This is may be off the thread - adm- feel free to move this to another catergory.

Because of various projects we would do (from greeenscreen projects to workshops to online sermon and creative works), I am considering getting two JVC HD250 camera and hook up with Sony's Anycast HD switcher and at the sametime output to MacPro via a AJA board as HVCPRO HD720/60p or 30p QT and HVCPRO HD recorder Panasonic AJ-HD1400 Compact DVCPRO HD VTR as tape. All work thru HD-SDI to maintain quality as much as possible. Not to mention, ISO for each camera: record miniDV and HR-HD100 as .m2t (or HDV720/60p QT if availible.) if the project is critical, not wanting a drop-out issue on a tape. (Anyone have experience with Sony's Anycast, let me know.)

That is my plan for the workflow even comes to work with different brands.
If someone have a suggestion, I am open.

Joseph
Joseph Josselyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems