DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Downloadable HD251 Scene Files + Recipes ??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/87099-downloadable-hd251-scene-files-recipes.html)

Heather Cook February 21st, 2007 02:55 AM

Downloadable HD251 Scene Files + Recipes ???

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has some settings we could try for a rich golden glow effect.

Thanks, Heather

Liam Hall February 21st, 2007 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Cook
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has some settings we could try for a rich golden glow effect.

Thanks, Heather

A cook asking for recipes? Sorry, cheap shot...

Wouldn't you rather create that look in FCP? I just go for maximum latitude and sort it all in post. Maybe, I'm just a coward...

Sean Adair February 21st, 2007 07:20 AM

Here here!

Actually, what I am eager for is translations to HD200/250 of the working scene files that people have been using with great effect on the HD100.
I know some of you old pros already have your hands on the new blood - share the love!
The legendary V3 by Paulo, the low light and Brite optimizations. I know these don't translate directly, and I'm not sure where I would be changing settings (not having had a HD100). I also don't have color charts, so I can't really get far tweaking myself.
I'm totally with you Liam about getting look and color effects in post - although there are times when the 2 settings (and lighting) have to dance together. Also, times when you need something quick that won't be getting a treatment.

Liam Hall February 21st, 2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Adair
I'm totally with you Liam about getting look and color effects in post - although there are times when the 2 settings (and lighting) have to dance together. Also, times when you need something quick that won't be getting a treatment.

Sean, don't get me wrong. I'm not against changing the set-up. Quite the opposite and I think we all owe Tim, Paulo and Stephen (amongst others) a huge debt of gratitude.

But, when it comes to a heavy colour effect like the one Heather is asking about I tend to err on the side of caution and get as wide a latitude as possible on tape, then make the big decisions when I know I can still change them.

But as I said, I'm probably a coward.

Tim Dashwood February 21st, 2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Adair
Actually, what I am eager for is translations to HD200/250 of the working scene files that people have been using with great effect on the HD100.

Coming soon.

Brian Duke February 21st, 2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Coming soon.

Can't wait since that's one reason I haven't gotten the HD200/250 yet. I'm doing a feature soon and I want to make sure I get some of your nice scene files before I shoot. I was hoping maybe you could shoot it, but i know you are busy.