Downloadable HD251 Scene Files + Recipes ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 21st, 2007, 02:55 AM   #1
New Boot

Downloadable HD251 Scene Files + Recipes ???

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has some settings we could try for a rich golden glow effect.

Thanks, Heather
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Cook
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has some settings we could try for a rich golden glow effect.

Thanks, Heather
A cook asking for recipes? Sorry, cheap shot...

Wouldn't you rather create that look in FCP? I just go for maximum latitude and sort it all in post. Maybe, I'm just a coward...
Liam Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:20 AM   #3
Major Player

Here here!

Actually, what I am eager for is translations to HD200/250 of the working scene files that people have been using with great effect on the HD100.
I know some of you old pros already have your hands on the new blood - share the love!
The legendary V3 by Paulo, the low light and Brite optimizations. I know these don't translate directly, and I'm not sure where I would be changing settings (not having had a HD100). I also don't have color charts, so I can't really get far tweaking myself.
I'm totally with you Liam about getting look and color effects in post - although there are times when the 2 settings (and lighting) have to dance together. Also, times when you need something quick that won't be getting a treatment.
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adair
I'm totally with you Liam about getting look and color effects in post - although there are times when the 2 settings (and lighting) have to dance together. Also, times when you need something quick that won't be getting a treatment.
Sean, don't get me wrong. I'm not against changing the set-up. Quite the opposite and I think we all owe Tim, Paulo and Stephen (amongst others) a huge debt of gratitude.

But, when it comes to a heavy colour effect like the one Heather is asking about I tend to err on the side of caution and get as wide a latitude as possible on tape, then make the big decisions when I know I can still change them.

But as I said, I'm probably a coward.
Liam Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adair
Actually, what I am eager for is translations to HD200/250 of the working scene files that people have been using with great effect on the HD100.
Coming soon.
Old February 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Coming soon.
Can't wait since that's one reason I haven't gotten the HD200/250 yet. I'm doing a feature soon and I want to make sure I get some of your nice scene files before I shoot. I was hoping maybe you could shoot it, but i know you are busy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems