FOOTAGE: Mirror Image Intro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Major Player

FOOTAGE: Mirror Image Intro

http://web.mac.com/stevebenner/iWeb/...oductions.html

Hey guys! This is my first video I am submitting for the forum. It is the intro to the short, "Mirror Image." Shot using Tim Dashwood's Color Reversal and then Edited in Final Cut Pro. Let me know what you think. There is a 720P download as well as the embeded Video File if you want it is full resolution.

Enjoy, and all comments welcome please. The video is in the early stages of production and we had to stop shooting because of the winter months. It was filmed back in the late fall. We are rapping up some pickup shots once the weather gets a little nicer, and the rest of it is in different locations and we expect to be done in early spring.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Looking good! Please share some mo' tech details.
Hayes Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:12 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hi Steve,

I was just curious what your white balance was set to when you shot that? It looks like 3200K, which will render a cool purpleish look. Neat idea.

When I designed the look I intended it to have the look of Act II of Three Kings.
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Hi Steve,

I was just curious what your white balance was set to when you shot that? It looks like 3200K, which will render a cool purpleish look. Neat idea.

When I designed the look I intended it to have the look of Act II of Three Kings.
The Raw footage did not look like that at all. I used a "monochrome" color correction technique on the footage. I was just trying to get good color representation when I shot it so that I could do what I wanted to in post. At the time, I did not have Paolo's setting, and yours seemed the best for the job. Thanks again, by the way.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems