Buy another HD100 viewfinder? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Buy another HD100 viewfinder?

So my viewfinder has the little crack in it at the right angle junction where the viewfinder pivots discussed in this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...wfinder+broken

While investigating sending it back for repair I stumbled across this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=86217

The jist of it is that with a little surgury you can flip the viewfinder in the HD100 so using a redrock or the new JVC PL adapter the image is right side up. Now I'm wondering If I should just buy a new viewfinder and do the surgury on the cracked one so I would have a viewfinder for every occasion - so to speak.

The part number is here:

SCM1389-00A VF ASSY HD100 cost $714.57

It's $714 bucks so not cheap - I talked to Mary at JVC and she said that they do not cover the viewfinder crack under warranty but from the above thread it sounds like they actually are? I guess I won't know until I ship them the entire camera (yep, they need the whole camera). If they don't cover it under warranty I will have to buy the part anyway, not to mention the shipping and probably a $125 dollar service tech bill. Any recommendations from this group? Not quite sure of the best way to proceed here?
Burk Webb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems