Editing material shot with HD-110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 15th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Editing material shot with HD-110

Okay, I posted this question here rather than in an editing forum because I am specifically curious about editing material shot with the HD-110.

Currently I use Edius 4, which works okay. However it is a bit sluggish at times while editing HD. It also has some minor stability issues which aren't too bad on short projects, but on longer form edits it gets to be really annoying.

Premier Pro has the same issues as edius for me, sluggish performance and its not the most stable program in the world. Also Premier's interface seems cluttered to me. I do like the level of effects and control that Premier offers though.

My favorite editing software has been Avid Xpress- sleek interface, fast and responsive, and stable as a rock. However I understand its support for 24p HD content is non-existant.

I'm downloading the trial of Liquid 7 right now to see if it will work better for me. I'm curious though what everyone here uses to edit with and if anyone has any ideas as far as what I might want to try out?
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Trustee

Adam,
while i now use a dual core for editing in edius, i did however, finish a complex project with edius on a p4. Had no problems. I came from prmier too. used it for more than 10 years before shifting to edius. I described my experience with edius in an old thread;
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=78670

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Grunseth View Post
Okay, I posted this question here rather than in an editing forum because I am specifically curious about editing material shot with the HD-110.
I'm using Vegas 7 on a midrange HP laptop with less than a gig of RAM. It is a little sluggish at times when editing HDV, but it's perfectly stable.

On my desktop, which is a 2.8HT Dell with 1 gig of RAM, editing HDV is very smooth. I don't notice a difference between editing HDV and SD on my desktop, using Vegas 7.
Josh Meredith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems