HD100, one side purple, now both sides purple - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:14 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marriage View Post
I don't know about US law, but in the UK warranties are additional to consumer rights. An item of that price sold as a professional camera should have a life expectancy beyond 18 months and would have to be repaired free by the manufacturer as long as the fault is due to manufacturing errors/inadequacies.

Of course, they always try and dodge such repairs (not pointing at JVC here, but companies in general) but you can always threaten legal action. Just make sure you know your rights, of which I know nothing in terms of the US.

I believe in the UK now, for an error such as this, the manufacturer is responsible for proving it is not them at fault - ie, they are guilty until proven innocent.

Learn the law for your country/state and certainly don't feel rude to enforce it, particularly on a mega-corp like JVC.
My HD100 had a similar problem. I twice sent it back to JVC and the second time I looked at it on the bench with the camera technician.

The level of service I received was exemplary and not only did they fix the camera free of charge, but they serviced it at no extra cost.

I'd give your local JVC service center a ring. I'm sure they'll accept it's a manufacturing defect and repair your camera at no cost. Hopefully you'll receive the same high level of service that I did and you won't have to phone your lawyer.

Liam.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:29 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Silva View Post
I may lose a client now over this. he's not happy and neither am i.
Any client who is that unloyal is not worth feeling bad about.

Is your client paying you enough to rent an extra HD100 in case of a failure?

If not, that's the brakes. Sometimes shit just happens.

Just offer to do the next shoot at a reasonable discount.

Good Luck.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems