Fun clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Fun clip

Here's a promo video for a club - it ended up winning the best sports bar in canada. I only had 2 days to shoot and edit it myself. It was all shot with the HD100. It's pretty funny, still can't believe that it won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UzpeS2Ca10

Brian
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #2
Trustee

Not bad, you did a good job capturing the high energy. "Don" the commentator was kind of annoying, but I guess that was the role he was playing.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Brian,

Great clip!! And with all due respect to our wonderful American and international friends on this forum, I think you've got to be Canadian to truly appreciate the humour. One of the best Don Cherry impersonations I’ve ever seen!

Job well done for a quick 2-day shot and edit. Just curious, how did you light your on-the-fly shots in the bar and behind the scenes?
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Most of the lighting was with an on camera frezzi micro fill. Don and Ron were lit with a couple of ancient Colortram lights. The Frezzi light is worth its weight in gold. I use it so much that it pretty much stays on the camera at all time.

Brian
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lafleur View Post
One of the best Don Cherry impersonations I’ve ever seen!
It was pretty good, but have you ever seen Ron Maclean impersonate Don Cherry? http://www.airfarce.com/video/041107.html

My friend Craig Lauzon also does a great Don Cherry impersonation on Air Farce. http://www.airfarce.com/seasons/season13/060414.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems