GY-HD250U used in Antartica Expedition at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #1
JVC America

GY-HD250U used in Antartica Expedition

Here's an extreme use story on the GY-HD250U. Be sure to also click on the pictures.

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2007/releases/antarctica.html
Old April 12th, 2007, 06:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks View Post
Here's an extreme use story on the GY-HD250U. Be sure to also click on the pictures.

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2007/releases/antarctica.html
Wow, it is nice to see that the 250U can handle the elements. Now if only Kata would start shipping the DVG-54. so we can keep the camera somewhat warm and happy. I still don't understand why Porta Brace will not make a glove for this camera. Last I spoke with them, they said it was not practical and not popular. Maybe they will come around soon.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #3
Major Player

one of my clients did an antarctica expedition 6 months ago with his HD100.

The camera handled it very well.

http://spinfilm.org/experience.htm
Mark Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #4
New Boot

Gy-hd200

Just returned from a week-long shoot in New Zealand with my newly-purchased GY-HD200. So far, I'm very happy with it. Pretty easy to learn and use. At this point, my only gripe is the location of the mic jacks. Until now, every pro camera I've used has had the jacks located at the back end. On the GY-HD series, JVC elected to put them on the right side near the bottom. I guess that's the only place that was left, but that poses, in my opinion, a very real threat to the mic cable, the plug and the jack since they are sticking out beyone the profile of the camera. I'm so concerned about it that I unplug the camera everytime I put it in the PortaBrace bag (CTC3). I bought some Neutrik right-angle XLR plugs and plan to make my own mic cables to get around this. I would've expected JVC to work with Neutrick or Switchcraft to develop a right-angle male-female adapter to address this issue. The Neutrik plugs I bought can be rotated so that I should be able to keep the mic cable from obscuring the switches directly above the jacks. JVC, are you reading this??
Tim J. Matteson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi from New Zealand!

What did you do over here?
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #6
New Boot

HD200 in NZ

I work for a college that offers students some options for studying abroad. They spend a semester overseas while completing their coursework online. Also, 2 or 3 professors visit in short stints to teach more intensive courses as part of the program. New Zealand is part of their Pacific Rim program. We also take students to the Dominican Republic and Hawaii. They're considering Fiji as another location. It's one of the college's more unique programs, so they want to highlight it in their promos and other communication pieces.
Tim J. Matteson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems