Monitoring HDV in SD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalsang Ringchen View Post
I am really new to the world of digital video so my questions may sound stupid but it does not matter. I am a student of film and video, and before this I had no experience or training but I know a little more than the person on the street.

I bought a JVC HD110 and I have to shoot my thesis project this summer. It is basically a series of interviews. Which format should I shoot on. Since I have the HD camera why not shoot HDV? But I am afraid about the post production work that is involved in HD. I don't have a deck that would help me capture my HDV footage and I don't want to screw up the camera. Is there a way by which I can shoot on HDV and downconvert it to SD? Can I edit my HDV footage in FCP the same way as I do with DV footages? Is it harder with HDV to edit?

Since my project is for thesis, I guess the finished product should be on SD. Can I shoot on HDV and then convert to SD? I have had this camera for 3 weeks and I have not shot a single second on HDV. Can I shoot HDV on regular minidv tapes? Sorry for all this amateurish questions.

Questions usually come from amateurs. If this forum was full of professionals what is there a need for such a forum?
I am surprised you cant get answers to these questions and others you have posted from your film school.
Old April 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Castiglione View Post
Thanks Steve. I will email to get confirmation that it will work monitoring HDV25 in PAL land. If it does, it really does look like an actual workable solution which is great.

Rob
Hi Rob,
I too would like to know what works here. You are working in the same area as me and I am unsure what to buy to be able to monitor HDV25. I just bought a Sony broadcast monitor and would like to be able to use it rather than jut the freeze frame effect from FCP. Regards from Como
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:22 AM   #18
Major Player

Hey, Dennis nice to meet a fellow West Australian interested in the same stuff.

I have emailed the Matrox distributor in Australia and he has confirmed that the Matrox Box WILL in fact do exactly what I want. There is in fact a seller in Perth of the box and I will get in touch and try and arrange a bit of a demo of it before pruchase.

Best Regards

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Castiglione View Post
Hey, Dennis nice to meet a fellow West Australian interested in the same stuff.

I have emailed the Matrox distributor in Australia and he has confirmed that the Matrox Box WILL in fact do exactly what I want. There is in fact a seller in Perth of the box and I will get in touch and try and arrange a bit of a demo of it before pruchase.

Best Regards

Rob
Hi Rob,
Please let me know how you go.
Dennis

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems