DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Which IDX battery should I get (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/91667-idx-battery-should-i-get.html)

Kalsang Ringchen April 16th, 2007 04:46 PM

Which IDX battery should I get

I just received my IDX battery, I need a spare one too. How long does IDX E7S last on recording mode? I have put it on charge right now as I believe lithium Ion batteries should be charged full once before using. I saw this on B&H website.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...y=10&Submit=Go

What does WH and AH stand for. The 2 batteries priced different have same WH and AH. I need a battery that lasts for at least 2 and half hours. Can I use any IDX battery that is Vmount? Or are there any specific IDX batteries that is made especially for JVC pro HD camcorders?

Don Bloom April 16th, 2007 07:55 PM

I think we talked about this in your last post about the camera. The IDX7S seems to be the battery of choice but there are larger IDX batteries. The 7S has 71Watts of power the camera pulls 17Watts in record mode ergo about 4 hours of record time without any other accessories such as wireless receiver or on camera light pulling from the camera battery. 2 of the IDX7S batterys would serve you well 3 is by far better.
I think if you stick with the 7S or the 10S you should be fine.
Don

Kalsang Ringchen April 16th, 2007 09:35 PM

What is the difference between stackmount and the other

One IDX has stackmount which allows the use of two batteries together. What difference does it make? So that you don't have to change the battery? Is that it?

Don Bloom April 17th, 2007 05:38 AM

The stackables will only work (connrst) to one another they will not connect to the stanard 7S battery or any other that is not stackable.

The idea behind stacks is to lengthen your run time but 2 things. One, you add more weight (which in my opinion the camera needs for normal shoulder use) and two, you add more expense because if you want to use stacks you need 2 of them to work togehter and they are more costly than the non stacks
IMO get 2 more 7S batteries and you'll be good to shoot pretty much all day and have minimal expense for them as the batteries are well under $200 each.

If you need to add weight to the back of the camera use industrial velcro-go back to back with a piece of hooks an loops on each battery so no matter which one or what way you grab it you can attach it to the one on the camera and you've instantly added weight and have a 2nd battery right there for you to grab if you need to.

Don

Werner Wesp April 17th, 2007 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 661750)
If you need to add weight to the back of the camera use industrial velcro-go back to back with a piece of hooks an loops on each battery so no matter which one or what way you grab it you can attach it to the one on the camera and you've instantly added weight and have a 2nd battery right there for you to grab if you need to.

That's an option. I use 2 IDX endura E-50 batteries. Those are stackable. I seldomly (actually: never) use it long enough to exhaust 2 batteries, but the weight of 2 stacked makes it nicely balanced on the shoulder. the extra V-mount on the back-side makes it easy to slide/fit in a wireless audio receiver...

Matt Norman April 17th, 2007 07:52 PM

Idx

Hi there,

I use two IDX E10 with my GY-HD251. They work really well. I've also made myself a special velcro belt to secure both batteries on each other with my older batteries for on the road use and the weight does make it nicer on the shoulder. I figure with battery power and batteries in general that you should pay for the good stuff up front. Batteries can be angels or the devil. If you get the cheap stuff then you get yourself into trouble when it counts. IDX stuff is great. Go the good stuff with the powerlink. worth the extra.