Which IDX battery should I get at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 16th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #1
New Boot

Which IDX battery should I get

I just received my IDX battery, I need a spare one too. How long does IDX E7S last on recording mode? I have put it on charge right now as I believe lithium Ion batteries should be charged full once before using. I saw this on B&H website.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...y=10&Submit=Go

What does WH and AH stand for. The 2 batteries priced different have same WH and AH. I need a battery that lasts for at least 2 and half hours. Can I use any IDX battery that is Vmount? Or are there any specific IDX batteries that is made especially for JVC pro HD camcorders?
Kalsang Ringchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I think we talked about this in your last post about the camera. The IDX7S seems to be the battery of choice but there are larger IDX batteries. The 7S has 71Watts of power the camera pulls 17Watts in record mode ergo about 4 hours of record time without any other accessories such as wireless receiver or on camera light pulling from the camera battery. 2 of the IDX7S batterys would serve you well 3 is by far better.
I think if you stick with the 7S or the 10S you should be fine.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #3
New Boot

What is the difference between stackmount and the other

One IDX has stackmount which allows the use of two batteries together. What difference does it make? So that you don't have to change the battery? Is that it?
Kalsang Ringchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 05:38 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The stackables will only work (connrst) to one another they will not connect to the stanard 7S battery or any other that is not stackable.

The idea behind stacks is to lengthen your run time but 2 things. One, you add more weight (which in my opinion the camera needs for normal shoulder use) and two, you add more expense because if you want to use stacks you need 2 of them to work togehter and they are more costly than the non stacks
IMO get 2 more 7S batteries and you'll be good to shoot pretty much all day and have minimal expense for them as the batteries are well under $200 each.

If you need to add weight to the back of the camera use industrial velcro-go back to back with a piece of hooks an loops on each battery so no matter which one or what way you grab it you can attach it to the one on the camera and you've instantly added weight and have a 2nd battery right there for you to grab if you need to.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
If you need to add weight to the back of the camera use industrial velcro-go back to back with a piece of hooks an loops on each battery so no matter which one or what way you grab it you can attach it to the one on the camera and you've instantly added weight and have a 2nd battery right there for you to grab if you need to.

That's an option. I use 2 IDX endura E-50 batteries. Those are stackable. I seldomly (actually: never) use it long enough to exhaust 2 batteries, but the weight of 2 stacked makes it nicely balanced on the shoulder. the extra V-mount on the back-side makes it easy to slide/fit in a wireless audio receiver...
Old April 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Idx

Hi there,

I use two IDX E10 with my GY-HD251. They work really well. I've also made myself a special velcro belt to secure both batteries on each other with my older batteries for on the road use and the weight does make it nicer on the shoulder. I figure with battery power and batteries in general that you should pay for the good stuff up front. Batteries can be angels or the devil. If you get the cheap stuff then you get yourself into trouble when it counts. IDX stuff is great. Go the good stuff with the powerlink. worth the extra.

Last edited by Matt Norman; April 17th, 2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: wrong battery type. corrected. sorry.
Matt Norman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems