FYI: Liquid 7.2 Released with specific JVC Support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #1
Trustee

FYI: Liquid 7.2 Released with specific JVC Support

Hi,

As one of the resident Liquid users on DVInfo.net, I'd like you to know the new version (7.2) just released upgrade is ready. There is fully official support for all ProHD video formats in and out as well as new support for the HVX200 P2 camera in DVCProHD.

Additionally Aja Xena acts as the new Chrome Xe systems break out cable or the KL breakout rackmount box. I'm currently using this system (Xe w/ KL rackmount) with great results in HD-SDI and realtime HD preview to HDTV or HD Monitor.

Have a look and happy editing you next masterpiece.

Click here for "What's new in 7.2"

best,

S.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:06 AM   #2
Trustee

This is good news. I will try 7.x for the first time since I bought it the month it was released. I have been using 6.1 'til now.

One of the reasons I bought the JVC camera with 720p was because I had Liquid already, and I could edit 720p (as opposed to 1080i) without updating my software or computer.

As an editor Liquid is pretty good and the price is about the best of any editor with Liquid's capabilities. Together with a good encoder/transcoder (I use Procoder, waiting for version 3), and a couple of Adobe products (Audition, AfterEffects, Encore), and some miscellaneous tools for odd formats, music, etc., Liquid is a great centerpiece for working with DV and HDV.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:13 AM   #3
Trustee

Click here to read the Press Release for Chrome Xe.

Old April 18th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #4
Major Player

So, it appears that you have to buy the Liquid Xe version software ($999) in order for it to work with the Aja card ($1700 +).

You can't use the card with the standard Liquid 7.2.

Is this correct???
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #5
New Boot

Fee or Free?

Stephen,

The answer to the following question is not on Avid's site. Is the upgrade free or available for a fee to existing 7.X users? Perhaps you can enlighten us.
Oscar Villalpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Villalpando View Post
Stephen,

The answer to the following question is not on Avid's site. Is the upgrade free or available for a fee to existing 7.X users? Perhaps you can enlighten us.
The 7.2 upgrade is a free download. However, after reading some info on the Avid Liquid forum, it seems it is not clear yet if you have to first install 7.1 or can install 7.2 over 7.0, etc. etc.

The latest info and instructions should be on the Avid Liquid forum over the next couple of days as people try the update.

Here is a post with the link to the update:
http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/thread/224289.aspx
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parks View Post
So, it appears that you have to buy the Liquid Xe version software ($999) in order for it to work with the Aja card ($1700 +).

Is this correct???
That's an interesting question.
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe View Post
Hi,
There is fully official support for all ProHD video formats in and out ...
I did not find support for 30p. Is that correct? Is there a known issue?
George Strother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #9
Inner Circle

I downloaded today 24F and 30F work fine now. To do 30p you have to do a custom setting when setting up the project.
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Villalpando View Post
Stephen,

Hi Oscar,

It's a free update to 7.1.

See you later.
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parks View Post

Is this correct???
Hi David,

If you want to work on a Chrome system then you must purchase the Chrome version (licensed via hardlock dongle) as well as Xena warrior princess. You do not need Chrome in order to work in ProHD any flavor or DVCProHD. You do need Chrome Xe for HD-SDI. So...... if your dumping uncompressed timelines to HDCam you'd need Chrome.
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #12
Trustee

Quote:
Hi Oscar,

It's a free update to 7.1.

See you later.
Are you sure this is correct? The Avid sight says 7.2 is an update to 7.x, which would mean you can update directo from 7.0 with the 7.2 update. Not true? Which is correct? Is it necessary to install all the patches first... SP's, 7.1, etc. then 7.2 etc. or can one go from a disk install of 7.0 straight to an install of 7.2?:

http://www.avid.com/onlineSupport/su...ontentID=10637
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
Are you sure this is correct? The Avid sight says 7.2 is an update to 7.x, which would mean you can update directo from 7.0 with the 7.2 update. Not true? Which is correct? Is it necessary to install all the patches first... SP's, 7.1, etc. then 7.2 etc. or can one go from a disk install of 7.0 straight to an install of 7.2?:

http://www.avid.com/onlineSupport/su...ontentID=10637
You need to update the 7.0 version to 7.1 and then to 7.2. You can not go from 7.0 directly to 7.2 with the 280MB 7.2 upgrade package. They (avid) have said they will get the full DVDRom install package up at a later time. This DVDRom pack would weigh in around 850MB or up. With the full DVDRom install you could go from 7.0 to 7.2.

So...... If you're updating now, you'd need at least 7.1 installed first.
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #14
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Strother View Post
I did not find support for 30p. Is that correct? Is there a known issue?
Hi George,

They do not list 30p because it has been officially supported since version 6.0.

Have fun editing.
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:32 AM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Hi David,

If you want to work on a Chrome system then you must purchase the Chrome version (licensed via hardlock dongle) as well as Xena warrior princess. You do not need Chrome in order to work in ProHD any flavor or DVCProHD. You do need Chrome Xe for HD-SDI. So...... if your dumping uncompressed timelines to HDCam you'd need Chrome.
Good old Avid!
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems