HELP! Motion Smooth on HD200/250 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Major Player

HELP! Motion Smooth on HD200/250

Hey,

I JUST rented the HD200 for a feature I am shooting and it seems like there is "motion smooth" like in HD100, however, I cannot turn it off or even find where it is in the menu. It seems like there is a jitter when you shoot people moving. Can someone please let me know where the "motion smooth" is or if its called something different.

I am stuck on a feature and I need to fix it ASAP.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. !

Duke
Old May 12th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #2
Wrangler

Duke,

Turn off DNR on the second page of the CAMERA PROCESS menu. Digital Noise Reduction.
Motion Smooth is now gone in the HD200 series, but the new DNR will also increase "the blurring of moving objects." (quoted from page 79 of the HD200 manual.)
Old May 12th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Duke,

Turn off DNR on the second page of the CAMERA PROCESS menu. Digital Noise Reduction.
Motion Smooth is now gone in the HD200 series, but the new DNR will also increase "the blurring of moving objects." (quoted from page 79 of the HD200 manual.)
I had it off, but it still looks like it blurs the image. Not sure what to do. We got a big night tonight to shoot, a lot on Steadicam.

Anything else you can suggest?

Duke
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #4
Wrangler

Just make sure your shutter is set for minimum 1/48th or 180degrees. Going to 1/24th or 360degrees will give you too much blur for a film look.

If you are shooting in 60P, then set the shutter to 1/96th or 1/100th to maintain the 180 degree look.

Otherwise, I don't know what could possibly be causing it.
Old May 13th, 2007, 04:14 AM   #5
Major Player

Frame grabs, footage, or some kind of better description of what you're talking about please, your description is vague at best. As comprehensive a description as possible of your current shooting settings would help.
Stephan Ahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 04:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Just make sure your shutter is set for minimum 1/48th or 180degrees. Going to 1/24th or 360degrees will give you too much blur for a film look.

If you are shooting in 60P, then set the shutter to 1/96th or 1/100th to maintain the 180 degree look.

Otherwise, I don't know what could possibly be causing it.
We did shoot some stuff later and it came out fine. I'm not sure if the DNR had been set to "on" at the factory, but I did turn it off and then on. It seems to help. I got a brand new unit to shoot with so who knows what could have caused the motion blur in the beginning.

Again thanks to Tim, I can have a great shoot.

Duke

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems