new HD 100 owner "my questions" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

new HD 100 owner "my questions"

hello all im the new owner of an HD100 and a few questions as i get s tarted with my new toy...

1- *** answered fully*****the iris ring on the lens. when in auto mode it has an aparant sound to it "its noisy". then when turned over to manual mode it still has the same sound... is this normal ? all the other "zoom / focus " are dead silent. !
do i need to worry about the sound of the iris being picked up by the mic.

2- im going to leave the computer related questions for latter because im not quit there yet. but... how does one get the footage from the camera to the computer without putting strain on the camera... i know of the JVC deck but its a little out of my price range. what are my other options. ?

3- a bit of a shopping question.?. i want to buy myself a 35mm adapter. the ps technik is just not realistic but something up to 1000$ is. i already have a good set of nikon lenses. i realize the fujinon lens is a manual lens and many have posted that there is no "rellay" lens for this camera yet. my question? can you mount any 35mm adapter onto this camera.? or will only certain ones work ? having said that which is the best bang for your buck in 35mm adapters.

4- *** answered fully **** the back focus adjustment. the users manual shows to use a poster with a giant swirly black and white diagram. if one does not have such a thing what would be the "next best option"

there will be more questions to come but for now theese are the few things where im stuck
anyone who could help out with a little insight would be much apreachaited

thanks in advance

MEKHAEL

Last edited by Mekhael Trepanier; May 27th, 2007 at 06:25 PM.
Mekhael Trepanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #2
New Boot

[#4 - Back Focus] You can use a chain link fence to make a critical back focus adjustment. Or search the web for a back focus wheel chart that you can print out.

e.g. http://www.mediacollege.com/download...ackfocus01.gif

-Corey Boutilier
http://www.independentfilm.com
Corey Boutilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekhael Trepanier View Post
1- the iris ring on the lens. when in auto mode it has an aparant sound to it "its noisy". then when turned over to manual mode it still has the same sound... is this normal ? all the other "zoom / focus " are dead silent. !
do i need to worry about the sound of the iris being picked up by the mic.
This is normal. The servo motor is always engaged to the iris ring, even when the switch is set to M. It is designed this way so that the position on the servo can 'talk back' to the camera and display the F stop on the VF/LCD.
Quote:
2- im going to leave the computer related questions for latter because im not quit there yet. but... how does one get the footage from the camera to the computer without putting strain on the camera... i know of the JVC deck but its a little out of my price range. what are my other options. ?
There is a cheaper 'feeder' deck (CU-VH1US-P) that will work with firewire only. The best solution is a DR-HD100 DTE drive.
Quote:
3- a bit of a shopping question.?. i want to buy myself a 35mm adapter. the ps technik is just not realistic but something up to 1000$ is. i already have a good set of nikon lenses. i realize the fujinon lens is a manual lens and many have posted that there is no "rellay" lens for this camera yet. my question? can you mount any 35mm adapter onto this camera.? or will only certain ones work ? having said that which is the best bang for your buck in 35mm adapters.
They will all work except for probably the movietube. The Letus100 has its own relay lens (like the mini35) and the JVC HZ-CA13U is self contained (but 16mm format). The rest would all require the use of a video lens as a relay, meaning a lengthy rig. Most of these systems will also create an inverted image. The HD200 & HD250 can rotate the image electronically and record it properly.
Quote:
4- the back focus adjustment. the users manual shows to use a poster with a giant swirly black and white diagram. if one does not have such a thing what would be the "next best option"
Go to the last page in the lens instruction manual (the green one) and you'll find a siemen's star chart.
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Major Player

the letus hd100 35mm adaptor has a relay lens and takes nikon lenses, I think all other budget 35mm adaptors work on the front of the stock lens

The JVC deck is the only non camera option for a tape deck at the moment - remember if you use the camera's firewire socket to connect to a computer, follow the power down procedure before connecting it!
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Regular Crew

thank yous

thanks you guys for the replys...

in regards to

A: the capture deck... i guess thats just an expense thats going to have to wait until the end of my project. i didnt realize they were worth that much...
- has anyone ever heard of being able to rent the JVC high end Deck ???

B: 35mm adapter.
just to clarify???
does this mean even though the fujinon lens is a manual lens most of the adapters "ex. M2" that fit on the front of the camera. i have the option to use all of theese ?
or am i limited to one that now has a built in rellay lens. im not overly concerned about the overall size of the camera...

thanks for helping out.

MEKHAEL
Mekhael Trepanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 03:56 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
thanks you guys for the replys...

in regards to

A: the capture deck... i guess thats just an expense thats going to have to wait until the end of my project. i didnt realize they were worth that much...
- has anyone ever heard of being able to rent the JVC high end Deck ???

B: 35mm adapter.
just to clarify???
does this mean even though the fujinon lens is a manual lens most of the adapters "ex. M2" that fit on the front of the camera. i have the option to use all of theese ?
or am i limited to one that now has a built in rellay lens. im not overly concerned about the overall size of the camera...

thanks for helping out.

MEKHAEL
Mekhael,

The M2 will sit quite happily on the end of the stock lens.

Liam.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems