HD110 Rec problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 10th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #1
New Boot

HD110 Rec problem

Hey, I haven't called JVC support yet, but just thought someone on here might know. We have 4 HD110s at my church, but only use one for recording on the heads (they are all used for a live television service), anyways... this one that we use has started going into the quick review VTR mode when you hit the REC button on the lens. When you hit record on both the handle and the side it records, does anyone know what the problem might be? It has been doing this for the past several hours of recording and I didn't do anything to the settings to make it do it... in fact i recorded one thing, and then stopped the recording, then next thing i know when I tried to go to record my next shot it did the quick review and i was baffled (s/p). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Matt Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Hello
your not hitting the Ret button the button just above the VTR button on the lense?

JOE
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Joe,
No, that's what I thought I did at first, but I've tried it several times since and it's the same problem. I've even hit the RET button on the top of the lens thinking maybe they got switched (i don't know how they would.. but who knows) and it did the same thing the VTR button was doing (the quick review thing). I have no idea what has happened. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Matt

(sorry if my first post was confusing, i don't have the camera in front of me so i can't remember the names of the buttons)
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #4
Major Player

Hello Matt
i got my 110 out look at all the menus to see if there was any way
to correct your problem, no luck. have you contacted JVC yet?
i would contact them as asap. Did this just happen?
do other people use the camera?
I'm sorry Matt i wish i could have help you

Joe
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #5
Major Player

Hello Matt
Try this website
pro.jvc.com/support/index.jsp
They should be able to answer your question
good luck

Joe
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Matt,

try to disconnect the lens (and / or the lens cable). Switch on the cam without lens (to get a "reset") and connect everything back in.

Restart.

Does the button now work again?

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #7
Major Player

Hello ULI
does that all so set all your menus back Factory Specs
Thank You
Joe
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #8
New Boot

I just tried the lens thing and it didn't do anything. I think i'm going to try and contact JVC this afternoon. Thanks for all of your help, i really have no idea what happend. Back to Joseph's question, others use it (for the live) but i'm the only one that has recorded on it. Infact, it was during different takes of something I was shooting that it changed on me, and i didn't do anything to the menu settings. So I have no idea.
Old June 11th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #9
New Boot

Lens Trigger Problem

Since you have more than one camera, try switching lenses. If the problem moves with the lens or stays with the camera, at least you will know which is causing the problem. Check the connectors to see if any pins are bent, since the 2 functions, Return and Trigger are adjacent pins.
Robert Yarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:09 AM   #10
Major Player

Robert
that's a great idea why not he's got 4 cameras
you all have a great day
Joe
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #11
New Boot

That is a great idea, i'm not sure why I didn't think of that before. However, it didn't work. :( JVC still hasn't responded by e-mail, I am going to try and call them this afternoon. Thank you for all of your help!
Matt Thurman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems