Petrol PCUB-2 case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 16th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Petrol PCUB-2 case

Any of you use this case? I use the Portabrace CTC-3 now, but I need one other case for my second camera. I like my Portabrace, but I need a few more pockets, and this Petrol look good on picture.

Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath View Post
Any of you use this case? I use the Portabrace CTC-3 now, but I need one other case for my second camera. I like my Portabrace, but I need a few more pockets, and this Petrol look good on picture.

I have the Petrol PCUB HD for the HD100/*** - it's a really great bag. The camera fits in snugly there is a 'cabin' built into the side for the viewfinder, plus room for smaller accesories of your requirements (replacement batteries/manuals/documents/handheld Panny DV cam...).
Looks very similar to the one you've posted but I guess is more suited to the HD100 series (I believe).

Here's a snaphot of the bag (open):

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ech/PCUBHD.jpg

And a link to a Canadian company who sell this bag (not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here...apologies if so):

http://www.vistek.ca/details/details...ryID=BagsCases
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi Laszlo,

I'm also using the Petrol PCUB HD. Haven't had it long, but I was really pleased with the quality of the bag when I got it. It's very sturdy, but still light. I've got a 110 with an Anton Bauer Gold Plate adapter and batteries, and that all fits very snugly inside, along with an IDX X-3 LED lite and barn door/filter kit in the internal pouch.

If you had a matte box on your camera, you would probably need to remove it to fit the camera and Anton Bauer /IDX battery mount (with battery onboard) in the bag.

There's not a lot of room in the other pockets, and it's not the easiest thing to carry over the shoulder for long distances, but overall I think it's a really good buy at the price... and I'm confident that it protects the camera properly.

Cheers
Glenn
Glenn Krawczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks

Thanks for both of you.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems