some question about HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 19th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Tourist

some question about HD100

hi ,

1. how can i adjust white balance with this camera ? why the user manual is so poor ?!

2. i want to buy a capture card to capture 720 60p uncompressed signal , which card do u recommend ?

3. when i want to detect skin color it gives me an error , what can i do with that ?

4.i want to shoot geen screen , do u recommend hd100 4:2:0 over hvx200 4:2:2 , as i heard the resolution of hd100 is better because of ccd , so what is ur opinion ? ( in this case i want to record hd100 on minidv not analog)
i've seen a green screen shot on a site that compared this 2 cameras and the result of hd100 was better , is it true ?

5.any advice on chromakey ( full shots ) shooting with hd100 , the quality is very poor on full shots specially on edges
here is a sample still :
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog/slide...KMPutbxckdZnw-

ofcourse yahoo compressed it a little but ...
thanks
Ryan Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Page View Post

1. how can i adjust white balance with this camera ? why the user manual is so poor ?!
Set the white balance switch to either A or B position, fill the frame with something white, then press the white balance button on the front of the camera. As far as the user manual, its not designed to teach you how to use a professional camera- it assumes you are a video professional and orients you to the JVC camera.

Quote:
2. i want to buy a capture card to capture 720 60p uncompressed signal , which card do u recommend ?
I don't have alot of experience in analog capture, but I"m sure many other people here can help you answer that.

Quote:
3. when i want to detect skin color it gives me an error , what can i do with that ?
How are you trying to detect the skin tones? What error does it give you?

Quote:
4.i want to shoot geen screen , do u recommend hd100 4:2:0 over hvx200 4:2:2 , as i heard the resolution of hd100 is better because of ccd , so what is ur opinion ? ( in this case i want to record hd100 on minidv not analog)
i've seen a green screen shot on a site that compared this 2 cameras and the result of hd100 was better , is it true ?
Capturing the 4:2:2 analog video will give you a cleaner chroma key than 4:2:0 digital. However, both the HD100 and the HVX200 do just about as good when trying to pull a chroma key. As long as you light properly and use good software you should be able to get excellent results.

Quote:
5.any advice on chromakey ( full shots ) shooting with hd100 , the quality is very poor on full shots specially on edges
here is a sample still :
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog/slide...KMPutbxckdZnw-
Same advice I gave above... light properly, use good software, and know what your doing.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If you're able to , you can capture 4:2:2 via the HD component output.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Major Player

I will go along with Adam on this one Ryan. You need to get into some courses and learn the basics before you can expect to use a camera like the JVC. Theres so much to learn and you will have fun as you go. All the best.
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #5
Tourist

** 1.thanks , i know how to white balance ! i just asked how to white balancing with thois camera , on canon u select 1 or 2 preset then u press white balance , it's diffrent and in the user manual there is nothing about that .

** 2.that's my main question , can somebody with experience answer me ?!
** 3.i sloved that one . thanks

** 4.i know about color spaces. thanks , but it wasn't my answer . i asked something from somebody who has experience with green screen footage with both cameras . i asked which one is better ? since jvc use better ccd but 4:2:0 color space and HVX200 uses 980x720 ccd but 4:2:2 color space !

thanks !
Ryan Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney View Post
If you're able to , you can capture 4:2:2 via the HD component output.
ok , i read that all over this forum , i asked about capture card !
Ryan Page is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems