JVC HM 100 Footage, When? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old March 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #16
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
At PMA 2009 I put a card into the HM100 but it refused to record. Same with the another "future" (June) JVC camcorder. Perhaps a very smart way to prevent postings of prototype video.
It seems kind of strange, you would think JVC would want the free publicity by allowing footage to be posted. Makes me think they are having problems but who knows.

Avery
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Wrangler

I shot footage with the engineering sample of the HM100 in January but I chose not to post it because the optical image stabilizer had not been activated yet and it isn't worth explaining over and over again why that particular footage is so shaky.

Whatever footage exists out there right now will also have been generated by a pre-release model or engineering sample.

What I can tell you is that the HM100 seems to have the "Lo-Lux" feature that even the HM700 doesn't. It was incredibly cool, but I was told at the time that it hadn't been tweaked in the engineering sample to represent the final product. Even so, I would describe it as "colour night-vision" with a different noise structure than analog gain.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #18
Major Player

Jvc gy-hm100

Hello,

I am proud owner of JVC GZ-HD7, and now I want to buy new Gy-HM100. I am not Pro and I am doing videos for just fun but now it become passion for me, and I am really enjoying to do new videos with GZ-HD7.

I have captured some videos and uploaded in some various websites. Now this ProHD forum and I want to learn much from here with members of this forum. I want to be Pro, I hereby gives some link of my videos, and I would really appreciate if someone would go through and send me their suggestions/ feedback, the word of motivation will certainly help me to do better in proper direction.

Ahmedabad, India on Vimeo
New York Street Dancer on Vimeo
Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad, December 2008 on Vimeo
Gateway Hotel, Surat, India on Vimeo
Evening in Atira, Ahmedabad on Vimeo

And my only video with captured by HV20.
Just Married on Vimeo

I would really appreciate if all of you guys go through with t hem and send me your reaction and suggestions. As I said I want to be professional in this field.

And I have recently done these different video, I am big fan of Philips company and I owns some products of it, I got just an idea why don't take them in HD movie and I did it and same link is below:

sense and simplicity, PHILIPS on Vimeo

And this is something different:

PHILIPS @ IFA 2008, Berlin on Vimeo

Thanks,
Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #19
Trustee

Kaushik Palmar,

I’m glad you liked the HD7 even though the stabilizer wasn’t good. I bet the majority of people who returned it back to the stores was because of that reason. From the reports that I heard about the HD6, the stabilizer gotten much better. With the extra time JVC is spending on the stabilizer for the HM100, it looks like they are extremely serious about it performing exceptionally well. What’s good about your case is the since you’ve spent a lot of time with the HD7, you wont have too much problems learning how to use the HM100 and not having a good stabilizer with the HD7 may give you a huge advantage once you start using the HM100 compared to a lot of buyers.

Phil Bloom did say that he may get a test model in the next 2 weeks so hopefully it’ll be as good as I’m expecting.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-gy-hm...ml#post1034196
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
Kaushik Palmar,

I’m glad you liked the HD7 even though the stabilizer wasn’t good. I bet the majority of people who returned it back to the stores was because of that reason. From the reports that I heard about the HD6, the stabilizer gotten much better. With the extra time JVC is spending on the stabilizer for the HM100, it looks like they are extremely serious about it performing exceptionally well. What’s good about your case is the since you’ve spent a lot of time with the HD7, you wont have too much problems learning how to use the HM100 and not having a good stabilizer with the HD7 may give you a huge advantage once you start using the HM100 compared to a lot of buyers.

Phil Bloom did say that he may get a test model in the next 2 weeks so hopefully it’ll be as good as I’m expecting.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-gy-hm...ml#post1034196

Paulo Teixeira,

Thanks for your reply; yes I am very much happy with HD7. And I remember you, long time ago you have seen my horrible uploaded videos with HD7, I was very much new for this filed then.

And I hope you must have gone through my upper link videos. I would really welcome your feedback and suggestions on my work.

And since you wrote about stabilizer of HD7, well that is sure it is very less effective no doubt about it, but I am very much fine with it. I have created comparison on stabilizer test here it is: YouTube - Video stabilizer test

Do let me know your reaction on that.

Please I request others also see above link and I would really appreciate if you guys send me your feedback/ suggestions.

Thanks,
Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #21
Tourist

video made by HM100

ive done friday a test video with Hm100 and HM700. but i receive error importing in FCP. i've all files made during rec, but file .mov is not recognized and not imported.
if i try looking this with QT it answer this file is not a movie.

but i looked after recs, movies on the screen of a HM700. it has shown me all the rec.
i don't know if problem is linked to the different formats used on cameras.

could someone give me some help?

Last edited by Salvatore Ferrante; March 29th, 2009 at 08:44 AM.
Salvatore Ferrante is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems