Wide Angle Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old May 5th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wide Angle Adapter

What do you think about the JVC wide angle adapter? Does anyone have another brand's adapter?
Elvis Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Major Player

A little more info might help: Which adapter for which camera are you talking about?
Matthias Krause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Oh right. I am talking about the HM100 adapter that was really just the JVC Everio adapter.
Elvis Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Major Player

I used 46mm Canon (0.7x) and I liked it. It doesn't produce much distortion. The big draw-back of the adapter is the fact you can't mount screw-on filter to the front of the lens. Bower also makes 0.5x 46mm lens, but this one will give you some fisheye effect, some like it some don't. The advantage is you can screw on a filter to the front of the converter. While making your decision just remember HM100 has only one setting for ND filter, which will lower your F-stop by 1/10. If you shoot outside, with lots of light (like on snow) you'll need to be able to use ND filter attached to you lens. JVC's lens is selling for $215 at B&H, it's too much imo.
I also found this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...specifications . It is a 49mm converter, but there is a 46 to 49mm step up ring. 119 bucs for the converter and 16.95 for the ring, seems like much better deal then 225 of jvc. And it does have the front thread as well.

Last edited by Robert Rogoz; May 6th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Ripley View Post
Oh right. I am talking about the HM100 adapter that was really just the JVC Everio adapter.
I bought this adapter with the camera. Seems fine - a little bit blurry on the end of the zoom but i did not buy it to use like that. No way to accept filters so a matte box might be on the cards, or you might order (like me) a clamp on lens shade to suit.

Using it wide seems fine - I'm not a pixel peeper, but it seems pretty good WRT barrel distortion. No complaints. Needs flagging like any wide lens does in bright sun. Great in close quarters with subjects just a few feet away. Seemed a bit pricey but business purchase.

HTH

Cotty
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems