Problem replaying HM100 audio in Soundbooth CS4 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #16
New Boot

Hello All, I have had a reply from Adobe ,they promise a fix in PP CS5 which will be available as an update in CS4 !!!
Kevin Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Juergen Goetz View Post
Hi guys,

For the moment my solution to get around this problem is to convert my MP4s before importing, using this tool http://www.mik-digital.de/tool/MP4toMPGv3.exe .

Hans
Many many thanks for this bit of info. I have had a similar problem which has been driving me mad for a couple of weeks. Not only was I getting the noise 'white out' in certain parts of a couple of clips, but I was also getting occasional random green flashes in the picture stream (in different clips). These were not evident when played back in camera nor when played in VLC player but were always in the clips in Premiere (though not always in the same frames). I have just downloaded your fix as above and it has not only fixed the sound but also the green frames. I have run a split screen comparison in Premiere and the original still has the green flashes but the converted clip does not, and there is absolutely no difference in the picture quality, and as an added bonus I have been able to convert some .MOV files that I had been unable to play in Premiere.
The problem has only occurred in clips recorded at 720 50p.but not in all clips just the odd few. All footage at 1080x1440 or 1920 plays fine.

For info. Recorded on JVC HM700 to Verbatim 32GB class 6 SDHC cards at 720 50p (SD) (18.3 Mbps)
Dropped into PC Intel Dual Core 3Ghz with 4GB ram
Premiere CS4.

Again many thanks, TOP TIP.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #18
Tourist

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had this issue on CS4. I recently upgraded to a HM100 to take storm and weather video. I took some test footage and took it home to play with on my system and liked it. Then when I brought it home, when I imported the footage the sound went from incredibly loud and disorted to virtually silent and fluctuated.

Well - I can vouch that the program suggested by Hans-Juergen definitely does work and solves this issue. But the other (rather odd) thing I've found, is if you leave the footage ON the SD card and edit from the card in Soundbooth/Premiere - then the audio is fine !! I simply thought it was my computer and it wasn't transferring the information properly - but obviously others have had issues too.

Anthony
Anthony Cornelius is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems