Shoulder Bag for mic-less HM100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old April 4th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Shoulder Bag for mic-less HM100?

Glad to see the HM100 threads are alive here. It shows that there is a small, content and hopefully growing group of HM100 users out there.

I have been trying to find a simple and smallest possible padded shoulder bag for my HM100. I never use the mic and only need room for maybe one spare battery. I need it to feel discrete, safe and compact. The camera is 27cm long.

My ideal would have been a Kata but I bought the Kata CC-191 and realised that a. it is far too long and generally much too bulky for casual discrete use. The next bag down the CC-190 is too short to fit the camera and there is nothing in between. Kata make nothing else that will work. The DW family look like the right shape and size but the internal compartments mean that it wont fit a video camera.

Any suggestions welcome, please. Thank-you
Simon Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Perfect bag for you: Domke J-803 'Digital Satchel'.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/218284-REG/Domke_701_J83_J_803_Digital_Satchel.html
Not cheap but very well made and excellent quality. Can't fault it. I have a canvas F version as well. Superb bags.

The camera easily fits in with top mic removed, but will fit in with it on also. I have a Rycote Softie and it sits quite well with that on, but I remove the large custom lenshood from the front of the W/A adaptor and store that separately. I've snapped the camera with bag for you to see relative sizes.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Shoulder Bag for mic-less HM100?-bag1.jpg   Shoulder Bag for mic-less HM100?-bag2.jpg  

Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #3
New Boot

Steve,
it looks very good. Thank-you for advice and thanks for the effort in supplying the photographs! I'll check it out.

Simon
Simon Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:20 AM   #4
New Boot

Very Nice

Steve, looking for a small bag to carry it around. This looks like a good option. Thanks, David
David Bankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #5
New Boot

my choice

I just bought the hm100 also and I chose the following bag.

Lowepro - SlingShot 100 AW

Its small and fits the mic-less hm100 well.
Andrew Turk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems