Software update 1.10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Software update 1.10

I've just been at JVC hq in London with Mike Turner, the chief engineer. He advised me that there is a software update that eliminates the problem where interlaced frames are recorded whilst shooting in progressive modes. It is a free update to version 1.10. but needs to be done by JVC.

My two cameras were updated to CAM v 1.10. Arm is 1.05 and EEPROM is 052.

Last edited by Mark Slocombe; September 30th, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
Mark Slocombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Trustee

Thank you so much Mark!

Just want to clarify; (I have my camera in a box right now ready to ship) You had to ship your camera to JVC? How long did they take to fix?

Thanks again. This is very good news, indeed.

CT
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was at JVC getting my two hm-100s checked over for matching; I mentioned the interlacing issue and Mike advised me of the fix and got it done there and then.
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Trustee

Mine just shipped to California about an hour ago.

Mark, have you tested 1080 30p at 30 shutter with the new software yet?

Can you confirm that is solved? Did your camera have the problem when it was running the older 1.09?

Thanks!

CT

p.s. I really hope that ALL GY HM-100 owners are taking this issue seriously! I found it totally by accident. I was doing a side by side low light test with my Sony Ex1r and just happened to find it.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

conflicting reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Slocombe View Post
I was at JVC getting my two hm-100s checked over for matching; I mentioned the interlacing issue and Mike advised me of the fix and got it done there and then.
That's odd. When I spoke with JVC in Toronto they told me I would have to replace the motherboard to solve the problem. That's where I had to send mine to have this issue fixed. Sure hope they get it right.
Jordan Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM   #6
Trustee

When I called JVC USA yesterday, they said "yes,..we need to change the EPROM. They plug a special cable into it and flash it"

So,..we have; "hardware replacement"..."firmware fix",..."EPROM flash"...and "1.10 software update"

Interesting. I guess I'll know the answer for mine soon. Will keep y'all posted.

CT

p.s. I'm hoping Mark can post a problem fix confirmation on his 1.10 update.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi, my testing won't confirm the fix, as I never saw the problem in my cameras before the update. Not to say it wasn't there, just I never saw it. JVC were confident of the fix.
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Trustee

JVC upgraded me to version 1.11 and I'm happy to say it's FINALLY solved.

30p @ 1/30 shutter now looks CLEAN...I strongly recommend that people check this and have JVC fix the issue before the warranty has expired.

Case closed for me. Good luck to all of those with past and future ruined footage!

CT
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #9
Trustee

feel lucky guys, JVC Australia wont touch my cam because it was bought from New Zealand,
the company in New Zealand wont return my emails and dont have a listed phone number (Global Media Pro after sales service is an absolute joke, buyer beware).
A very helpfull guy at JVC Australia at least put me on to a local service agent, they dont understand what Im talking about, were meant to make inquiries and get back to me....... but havent.
I guess I keep shooting interlaced and get Cineform to make it progressive on conversion, not ideal, but to be honest I cant see the difference.
Next time I think I'll just pay more from the local guy I can take out my frustration on, lol.
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM   #10
New Boot

Yes that guy's support is a joke

We bought a sound desk off him and a Canon XL1S camera and all I will say is never again. The price was right but nothing else was.
Better to pay more from a proper dealer.
Wayne Garton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Just got my HM100 fixed today by JVC in California. I took it in and they updated me to 1.11

1080 30p 1/30sec interlacing problem fixed!
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems