If you're after a GY-HM100 in the UK... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old March 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

If you're after a GY-HM100 in the UK...

I've got one coming up for sale - please look in the Private Classifieds on this site!

Ben.
Ben Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: If you're after a GY-HM100 in the UK...

Did you shoot that Seal docu with it?
Richard Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Rich.

Yes, all shot on the HM100. And here's a pic of me shooting it, trying to stay still while standing in a 14ft fishing boat - thank goodness for OIS...

Ben.
www.bengiles.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
If you're after a GY-HM100 in the UK...-img_2842.jpg  
Old April 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi Ben, just wondering if you grew out of the hm-100 and moving on to another setup?
Matt Maglodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:36 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Not so much grown out of the camera, more that I'm working with a DOP friend more and more and he has his own kit - EX3 and, occasionally, a 5D MkII, depending on the aesthetic we're after. I'm also doing more live music and we use a venue in London that is fully kitted with permanent HD Cameras and switcher, with everything recorded to ProRes. Just doesn't make sense holding on to a camera that sits in a bag doing nothing.

I have toyed with moving on to something like an HM750. I did look into the various options a couple of months ago - EX1, 305, AF101 etc - and I think the 750 offered the best compromise for my work-flow, with all of the features I love about the HM100 - and with the option of being able to rent additional lenses as and when I need them.

On the other hand, I'd need to be shooting at least one project a week to justify the extra expense...

And that's where I think the HM100 hits a real sweetspot for a lot of people out there. If you can forgive it a couple of minor foibles - eg the aperture control on a small thumbwheel at the back - and get used to them, it offers proper earning potential and very good image quality in the right hands.

Ben.
www.bengiles.co.uk
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #6
Regular Crew

The camera has now been sold to Proactive, so contact them if you're after a used HM100.

I've still got some other bits and bobs, including a JVC W/A adapter and Cinetactics Matte Box for the HM100 for sale in the Classifieds section:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-...-gy-hm100.html

Ben.
www.bengiles.co.uk
Ben Giles is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems