HM 700 pricing - UK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old April 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #1
New Boot

HM 700 pricing - UK

Just got the details on prices in the UK from my usual dealer. The price that I have been quoted for the camera with Fuji 16x lens is £4887.50 + VAT.

For this price you get the viewfinder, lens, SxS unit and a basic microphone with the camera but no batteries or tripod plate. These will add about another £1000 to the price.

Apparently, the price for the camera with the Canon lens (again without battery or tripod plate) will be a bit of a step up at £8120.00 + VAT!!
Steve McClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #2
New Boot

£8120.00 + VAT, or a tad under USD12,000! For that money the EX3 is a no brainer - or you could fly business class to the States (where they sell it at B&H for USD7,495 with the Canon lens) and still have change. Why is everyone outside of the US seen as cash cows, to be milked until their udders squeak.
David Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

mail jvc with your concerns

Well, regarding this issue and the confusion over which lenses we can get, I mailed JVC UK sales yesterday. I told them I was a potential customer, having been to see the cam and genuinely like it, as I prefer true shoulder mount, and want tapeless. I also pointed out our American colleagues seem to be getting a much much better deal than we are, and asked was there any possibility of getting a 17x Fuji 'bundled' without paying a premium. Mentioned the EX3 as well, although I'm sure they are well aware of the competition, will keep you updated when they reply, or if they reply. I would suggest all potential UK customers mail them and voice your concerns. Hopefully they may be prepared and willing to help if they think there are enough of us who would take this cam with the right deal, who knows, but if you dont ask, you dont get.

Stuart
Stuart Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Stuart I certainly hope that you get some satisfaction but I would not hold my breath.
I have sent you an email

Regards Alan
Alan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I see the 700 at £4,505.00 + VAT with 16x or £3,905.75 + VAT without lens at a CVP/Mitcorp.

The Canon 14x may turn out to be worth the money, I was hoping it would be in the £2000-£2500 as I would get one for my current GY100 and transfer it when/if I upgrade down the line. But as its not not available until (june?) I doubt whether anyone really knows the price.

The 17x seems reasonable from several reports on here and can be found listed for around £1,375.00 + VAT

Getting a 700 lens-less and adding a 17x would not sound too bad.

lesh
Les Howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Major Player

Steve.
Where are you getting that price? The best I have seen for the same combo is £6995 inc vat
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #7
Trustee

Colin, If its the same camera Preston are doing it for £5730.00 Inc Vat
http://www.videokit.co.uk/cgi-bin/store1/commerce.cgi
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #8
Major Player

Hi Tony.
Checked that out the other day. The price does not include the SxS adaptor. Thanks anyway.
Old April 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #9
New Boot

Colin, it was Mitcorp in Glasgow who quoted me those prices for the camera. Obviously they only have the camera with 16x Fuji lens in stock at the moment. They said that the Canon lens may be available in May but from what everyone else is saying on the boards, sounds like June is more realistic...

Steve
Steve McClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 04:46 AM   #10
Major Player

Thanks for that Steve, I will give CVP/Mitcorp a ring on Tuesday
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Regular Crew

no reply from JVC

Well, just to update you, JVC have not responded to my enquiry about lens options. Shame they cant be bothered, looks like the EX3 is now a no brainer, for me at least anyways.

Stuart
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Further to the above, I have sent another mail 16/04 09 to JVC sales, and again, suprise suprise, not even an acknowledgement, never mind answers to my questions.

Sooo, does anyone know if:

a] a cam (700) purchased in USA will work here, ie does the USA stuff record in NTSC only or is the cam switchable. Please excuse me if this is a daft question, but I need PAL recordings.
b] whats the definitive answer to any potential warranty issues

In respect of b, I would think that a JVC cam has 1 year warranty, and not 1 year in USA or 1 year in UK or 1 year in wherever, its a JVC product full stop. Has anyone tried to pursue a warranty claim on an imported cam, whats the exact legal stance on this issue, anyone...??

Stuart
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #13
Regular Crew

you'd be better off with the EX3 - did you see phil Bloom's review?
Matt San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Wilson View Post
does anyone know:

b] whats the definitive answer to any potential warranty issues

In respect of b, I would think that a JVC cam has 1 year warranty, and not 1 year in USA or 1 year in UK or 1 year in wherever, its a JVC product full stop. Has anyone tried to pursue a warranty claim on an imported cam, whats the exact legal stance on this issue, anyone...?
As I understand it - and I am not a lawyer but I have studied law in the UK - your contract (and therefore your source of any claim) is with the vendor from which you buy the camera. JVC are not a party to that contract (unless you buy direct from them), ipso facto you have no direct legal (warranty) claim against them.

What tends to get implied is a collateral contract, which is a separate contract between the manufacturer and buyer by virtue of the manufacturer offering their goods with warranty and the buyer providing consideration for that contract by buying the goods and returning the registration card.

Thus most manufacturers choose to offer their end-users a warranty via this kind of deal but it is offered on their own terms, which in most electronics situations means USA warranty = USA customers, UK warranty = UK customers etc. It gets a little more complicated in terms of European stuff because of the free market etc but that still doesn't affect the ability of the manufacturer to set their own warranty terms.

Regards
Dave

Last edited by David Johns; April 20th, 2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added collateral contracts bit
David Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:44 AM   #15
New Boot

If JVC UK do not bother to reply to prospects who wish to buy their products, what on earth will they be like when you actually need them to do something like fix or replace one of their cameras?
David Hardy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems