Need A Portable Clip Player without the Camera... - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old June 10th, 2009, 05:25 AM   #46
Regular Crew

The Ki Pro is beautiful, but no, not the solution I'm looking for. When the headline reads that it works with the HM700 it means that you can mount it under the camera in its exoskeleton and connect the HM700 to it by means of HD SDI, which delivers full 4-2-2 video to the Ki Pro, and the Ki Pro in return converts that signal to Apple ProRes 422 and stores it on its removable hard drive. You then take that hard drive to the edit room. So, no, I can't use the Ki Pro to feed my SD cards in an uplink truck, and there's no benefit (that I can see) in using it to take video to an edit room unless you are in need of 4-2-2 video for, say, keying.

In shorter words, whether I present my video as files on a card or files on a removable hard drive, I still have the feed problem.

Still, someday I would like to have the Ki Pro, but at the moment I can't justify its cost.
Donald Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems