Update for JVC FCP Log & Transfer Plugin v1.0.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:12 AM   #1
Wrangler

Update for JVC FCP Log & Transfer Plugin v1.0.2

Update for JVC Log & Transfer Plugin is now available for download.

JVC LOG & TRANSFER PLUGIN - DOWNLOAD PAGE

This update addresses stability issues and works with Snow Leopard.
Old September 6th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Is the plug-in locked into only media generated by JVC cameras shooting .MP4 files? Since it has you remove the Sony plug-in, I would think it would accommodate the same folder (BPAV) structure as found on Sony cameras. Or, is there a companion QuickTime plug-in I need to have in addition to this? I asked because I attempted to import a BPAV folder with no luck.
Donald Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I found the SxS driver for Mac but it was last updated in 2008 and will not install under Snow Leopard.
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #4
Major Player

That's why I never upgrade my OS unless I really need it, and the new system is well tested. I usually wait for about a year to avoid situations like this one.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Your course is wise, but before anyone leaps to the conclusion that I was unwise to move to Snow Leopard, let me point out that there's no problem with editing content from my HM700 shooting in the mode to deliver .MOV files. A friend asked me to see if the JVC Log & Transfer plugin, having just come out, would overcome the problems the Sony version has with Snow Leopard. The answer, clearly, is no. I am confident, though, that an updated driver will be coming sooner rather than later, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to edit other people's work when they deliver BPAV folders.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Major Player

It's usually small things, but enough of them can make one's life annoying. Apple is ten thousand times better then macroshaft as far as releasing the codes, and usually their own apps- like FCS will run just fine from day one.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems