Is this Moire' or a V/H Detail setting to High? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old September 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Is this Moire' or a V/H Detail setting to High?

I've noticed what I think is mostly Moire' patterns in my vids on certain types of moving objects. But reading up on some of the posts, I tend to believe I might also have my detail settings too high/low?

I'm using an HM700U, shooting 1920/1080 60i, auto EEI and iris.

I posted using FCP6, compressor H.264 10.3 Mbps compression.

I have my detail setting at -7 as shown in Tim's "Inside the HM700" tutorials. As a matter of fact, all my settings are based on what Tim used in the three parts.

YouTube - hdskullfire2's Channel

So please check out this vid and pay attention to the train. The first block of car carriers right behind the engines have smooth sides and are showing what look like Moire' patterns. The second block of cars have vertical corrugation and I'm thinking this is "detail" related due to the flickering affect.

Any suggestions on how I should attempt to correct this? The flickering is rather annoying to the eye. The Moire' is not a bad, but still noticable.

Thanks in advance,

Steve,
Bethlehem, Pa.
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems